Thailand to PP

Nuts

I am arriving in BKK for my first visit on March 8 and I will be in Thailand for 21 days. During my stay I also want to visit Cambodia. I am trying to find the best way to get there. Either flying or a land route. All the flights I have seen from BKK to PP have been around 350-400 USD.

I wanted to ask you if you could suggest a good/cheaper way for me to get to PP from either BKK or Pattaya.

Any insight you could give me on travel to Cambodia and where to stay once in Cambodia would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance,

Nuts

INTJ said:

$350-400 ? Are chartering your own plane?

No, he's just checking prices in the US. Never, ever buy inter Asia travel tickets from the US. As INTJ says, AirAsia flies there dirt cheap. I prefer Bangkok Air as they have more civilized flying times, should be about 9000B from any travel agent in BKK or Pattaya. Also, you can get a ticket with only 1 days notice at the same price (try that in the US!). Overland is an interesting experience if time is not an issue, and certainly much cheaper. I prefer to not "waste" a day traveling, but it depends on your priorities.

Ranger

Thank you all for the helpful information.

Airasia is a lot cheaper than the prices I was getting.

I have a further question about cambodian visas.

Where in thailand would I be able to acquire one and is it a hassle?

What about at the airport in PP is it a chore to enter the country?

I have a further question about cambodian visas.

Where in thailand would I be able to acquire one and is it a hassle?

What about at the airport in PP is it a chore to enter the country?

You get one on arrival in Cambo good for 30 days. $20 and a photo is all that is needed. Try to be one of the first ones off the plane and you'll be out of the airport in under 15 minutes!

Ranger

Remember to take US Dollars when you visit. ATMs accepting international ATM cards are now available in Phnom Penh, but it's advisable to have lots of ones, fives, and twenties. In addition to the USD 20 fee for getting a visa on arrival (bring 2 passport photos also), you have to pay a USD 25 airport fee when you leave Cambodia.

• 2 weeks later...

Air Asia is quite good for fares but watch out on the luggage allowance - they only have 15k for hold bags and 7k for carry on.

But the excess is not too bad (I think, never had to pay it before ) its only 140B per kg. I had 18k over and it cost me 2100B. ( i gace her a pretty smile and she was dazzled so much she let me off with a few k :) )

Just as well she didnt weigh my hand luggage ;)

Archived