US tourist killer arrest (Pattaya)

BuffHello

First suspect arrested in stabbing death of US tourist

Boonlua Chatree

Police have arrested the first suspect in last week?s stabbing death of 44-year-old Tony Lindsey of Honolulu Hawaii.

Ms. Kritsana Chumkokkraud, 32, from Surat Thani was remanded to custody on February 15, four days after she allegedly murdered the American tourist for refusing her sexual services on Beach Road.

Ms. Kritsana Chumkokkraud from Surat Thani was arrested in connection with the stabbing death of Tony Lindsey on February 11.

Lindsey was beaten and stabbed in the early hours of February 11 by a prostitute and her pimp at the entrance to Soi 7, only 50 meters away from the police station. Lindsey was taken to Pattaya Memorial Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.

Witnesses told police that they saw two suspects, a Thai man and a Thai women, approach Lindsey on a pink Yamaha Mio motorcycle, license plate No. 052, and begin talking to him. Lindsey subsequently ran across the road to the entrance of Soi 7, where the Thai man allegedly caught up with him and began kicking and punching him, knocking him to the ground. The woman then allegedly walked over and stabbed him before the pair made their getaway.

Four days later, on February 15, Pol. Cap. Sompob Khoohawan, deputy investigator at the Pattaya Police Station, was able to track down Ms. Kritsana Chumkokkraud, who is believed to be the woman who stabbed Lindsey.

Police are still searching for the Thai male involved.

Tragic. However, I just get the feeling there is a whole lot more to the story. To any of us that have visited the kingdom it just doesn't make sense. My guess is that he short changed her or refused to pay and she told her pimp. I could be very wrong and I sound like I am 'blaming the victim' and apologies if my 'guess' is wrong but it just doesn't add up. Could be too many reasons of my watching CSI (Crime Scene Investigator) and Law and Order here in the states.

chocolat steve said:

To any of us that have visited the kingdom it just doesn't make sense.

You must be kidding!

To many of us who live here it makes perfect sense. Human life doesn't have much value in this country, and farang's life even less so.

Add to that the fact that it's a guy who lives off selling his wife's/gf's pussy.

People here get killed for a few satang, looking at someone the wrong way, or for a perceived slight. It's easy enough to stay out of harm's way most of the time, but when it happens you have no idea where or when or why.

Have to totally agree with your comments, that underneath the veneer of the tourist/nightlife etc gloss that is about all we really see, there still lies a very violent society in Thailand, sure it exists in our own home countries too, but in Thailand, it can be much closer to the surface and a lot more lethal. Try pissing off a Thai (in their perceptions) on a too regular basis and I bet you can only do so in the single figure incidents before something unfortunate happens to you, but in our home country, all you could mostly expect would be a stern letter from a lawyer...

Take a look at this Pattaya newspaper regulary to witness the madness taking place.

Pattaya City News

Thais have a breaking point, but it is usually hard for a foreigner to recognise it. A Thai may be all smiles and politeness until that point is reached. Then they may explode and try to kill you!

If a Farang is getting pissed off, we can usually tell it in time to back off a bit. Also, we aren't so hung up on the idea of "face".

"Thais have a breaking point, but it is usually hard for a foreigner to recognise it."

You sure got that point correct. The very few times I have actually seen fights break out in bars it was clear to everyone exactly what point they were at - except the falang who was in the confrontation.

The violence is thai on thai. The Thai on falang violence isn't just arbitrary like here in the U.S. or in the west. If as many falangs go down dark sois in the wee hours at the morning here and any major cities like they do in the kingdom, it would be a field day for muggers and robbers.

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see many random muggings. The random crime is what I meant.

The majority of the time I've witnessed or heard of thai and falang clashes it was some sort of perceived provocation and not just to rob a falang or do him harm for no reason whatsoever.

There are all kinds of falangs that visit and take the piss as the brits say. I've seen the fights that results. In Pattaya I've been down very dark sois in the middle of the night and not felt worried for my personal safety from the locals.

About 15 years ago in a military town in Hawaii called Wahiawa, a man was shot when he declined the offer of one of the street walkers one night (he survived the shooting).

Such an unusual story many at work were talking about it at the time and many thought it must have been the way he said no or something (if I recall he claimed he just said "no thanks" and kept on walking).

Guess if they ever catch the Thai man involved we might learn the full Soi 7 story when they do one of those "recreations of the crime" that they always do...

Archived