Graphic Design + Logo Costs

Chillers

Recently I emailed a bunch of Thai web\graphic design companies asking for quotes. I want some front end redesign for 3 sites and 2 new logo designs. I figure this ought to be pretty cheap and it should take about a week.

Well, I only got 2 responses - 1 of them failed to call as promised and the other quoted these prices:

18,000 Baht to design 2 logos.

Websites - 90,000.

PANG MAHK! wtf are these prices? Where did they come from? I won't mention which "web design" company it was.

Ok - I know this country is packed full of talented graphic designers that won't charge me 100k for a minor job. Where are they? Can anyone help me?

Try your luck at

ThaiFreelanceBid.com

If they detect that you are not Thai, ie farang, of course the bids will be inflated, but that is to be expected. Do you have a Thai person that could place the work on your behalf? The only other thing to watch with the Thai outsourcing is they tend to go right ahead and do what they like to do rather than what was specified in the job description, you need to pull them back often sometimes, but they are mostly quite to very skilled and produce admirable results if all goes to plan. Good luck!

Archived