Hotel Surat Thani with sanuk?

This is probably a long shot, but has anyone stayed in a central Surat Thani hotel, with sanuk available either in the hotel or around?

I want something nice (1000B should get something modern in Surat Thani) if possible.

I here of one hotel that has a disco/karaoke in the basement, by the name of Southern Star. I figure this would offer some kind of sanuk...?

Any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Batty,

Stayed at the Siam Thani for 550,-Baht. Don't know about guestfriendly but would imagine it's fine.

For 1.000,-Baht down the raad is the Diamond Plaza, same story.

Once you find out about the sanuk scene, let me know, haven't been to Surat on my own yet! I'm sure it's out there, so go buddy, go.

Hi Limbo

I was just that second about to PM you, for advice.... i figured in 6 years on Samui you must have stayed in Surat Thani at least once. Thanks for posting.

Google returns nothing on the Siam Thani (apart from a gay hotel in pattaya ::) but i will gladly take your word for it, if it has a television and air con? Is it central? The taxi from bus station will know this place?

You would reccomend the place?

To be honest I'm not too bothered about the sanuk scene.... it would be a bonus if available, but I'm more interested in finding a nice room. 24 hours in Surat Thani is not the best place to be! May aswell get a nice room to crash in, if i cant find sanuk. I guess there are plenty of Karaoke bars about but I dont want to be the sole ferang humming along to carabao.

It's near he center of Surat, a tad bit outside. Good value hotels, both of them.

A motorbike taxi or similar will get you to the center of town in less than 5 minutes.

Don't know about the Southern Star, Mentors posted that one in the review section.

Batty said:

This is probably a long shot, but has anyone stayed in a central Surat Thani hotel, with sanuk available either in the hotel or around?

I want something nice (1000B should get something modern in Surat Thani) if possible.

I here of one hotel that has a disco/karaoke in the basement, by the name of Southern Star. I figure this would offer some kind of sanuk...?

Any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers.

Southern Star has a disco but not many guests. Sometimes a few hookers sit

around.

check the older hotels in the city, some has coffee shops with Mekhong drinking

Thai business people and singing girlies. There is a large one in a side street, but i forget the name.

Thanks Mentors. If anyone decent is milling about i may have a go. I'll probably just end up getting shit faced on Singha in my lonely hotel room :p

Batty said:

Thanks Mentors. If anyone decent is milling about i may have a go. I'll probably just end up getting shit faced on Singha in my lonely hotel room :p

something to do:

walk to the night market on the Tapee river, excellent food.

take the Bus (12 Baht) between Bandon (Surat City) and Phun Phin (Railway station) and you will see some clubs, pubs, discos on the way.

Check the large Pub opposite the WangTai Hotel in the evening.

I chose the Southern Star in the end. Would reccomend this to anyone as the price is so cheap... just 590B per night, the hotel is almost a mirror image of the Manhatan on Soi 15, BKK. On the small soi beside the hotel are a few VIP massage places, i didnt partake in any sanuk though as the pissed Thai bloke put me off.

The Disco in this hotel is closed but for 590B, a bargain.

Surat Thani is still a shit hole though. But i did enjoy the best pizza i have ever had in LOS down by the river. Top nosh.

Archived