Hotel Surat Thani with sanuk?

Batty said:

Surat Thani is still a shit hole though. But i did enjoy the best pizza i have ever had in LOS down by the river. Top nosh.

To say Surat is a shit hole and then to order a pizza near the night-market! How nice. That's the quality tourist which LOS needs so much.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, ill choice of words on my part.

Mentors, I only just noticed your location as Surat Thani.... i wouldnt have posted that had i noticed before. Sorry if I may have caused offence.

Surat Thani central is not the most pleasant place to spend a day or two though, IMO. Im sure the outer districts are very nice but the actual town centre is, well.... grim. The pizza, sadly, is just about the only constructive thing i have to say about Surat Thani central.

Batty said:

Ok, ill choice of words on my part.

Mentors, I only just noticed your location as Surat Thani.... i wouldnt have posted that had i noticed before. Sorry if I may have caused offence.

Surat Thani central is not the most pleasant place to spend a day or two though, IMO. Im sure the outer districts are very nice but the actual town centre is, well.... grim. The pizza, sadly, is just about the only constructive thing i have to say about Surat Thani central.

Never mind, Surat is like most province citys in Thailand, not much to do or to see.

I live (when i'm in Thailand) outside the city, there a some nice places around.

Well, this is the thing Mentors - i could probably live quite happily in the Surat Thani country.... find a nice little country house in nice environment, get to know the locals, sit on my veranda each night with a few cold beers... the country side around Surat Thani is lovely, I could 'chill' and live a relaxed little life. Having said that, like most of us i like to go out and have a crack a couple of times a week and hang with guys i have stuff in common with - central Surat Thani has none of that. Still, as i said before, its a real nice part of LOS, just the town/city center that is a bit naff, imo.

I take it you have fammily there?

Batty said:

Well, this is the thing Mentors - i could probably live quite happily in the Surat Thani country.... find a nice little country house in nice environment, get to know the locals, sit on my veranda each night with a few cold beers... the country side around Surat Thani is lovely, I could 'chill' and live a relaxed little life. Having said that, like most of us i like to go out and have a crack a couple of times a week and hang with guys i have stuff in common with - central Surat Thani has none of that. Still, as i said before, its a real nice part of LOS, just the town/city center that is a bit naff, imo.

I take it you have fammily there?

This is correct, in the country side. Sometimes if i need the 'city life' i can go to the Tesco Lotus Complex, there are a also a few bars around.

Hi there Mentors. As I have been in and out of Bandon/Ban Nasan for the past 11 years, I do know I few of the nice places around. However, last year I went with brother in law to a really cool local spot. It was an outside "bar" where people sat a the ground listening to plaeng peua chiwit and for some reason drinking tea. That particular place crawled with beautiful uni students and I receieved a lot of attention- but I cant remember the name of the place- can you please help me out? brgds/ Donut

Donut said:

Hi there Mentors. As I have been in and out of Bandon/Ban Nasan for the past 11 years, I do know I few of the nice places around. However, last year I went with brother in law to a really cool local spot. It was an outside "bar" where people sat a the ground listening to plaeng peua chiwit and for some reason drinking tea. That particular place crawled with beautiful uni students and I receieved a lot of attention- but I cant remember the name of the place- can you please help me out? brgds/ Donut

sorry, i don't know about that place.

The good thing on Surat is, that there are just a few farangs around, so you get always attentions. Especially in the bus on the rush hour... :D ::

Limbo, I am not quite sure as I had been warming up with a few chang at the village and lost my sense of direction :: but it sounds about right. However what I found strange was the tea/music combination which I have not found in LOS before or after. The place seemed to cater to young well off/Uni students and music was actually VERY good including some Kampee and Caravan songs. We felt a bit out of place being half drunk and in a party mood. But when I get a hold of my brother in law I will try to find out and post the location.

"Only" 4 months left to my return to my beloved Bandon Brgds / Donut

Mentors, hanging around the department stores etc. is fantastic. As you say there are not many farang around and most are "filthy" backpackers on their way to Koh 'mui. So arriving by car and in nice clothes definitly creates interest. Lately most attention though is given to my luuk kreung children. Not too many in Surat.

Some years ago I went to a Carabao concert in Surat. Out of 10.000 people i saw only 2 farrang and they were so stoned that they couldn't walk. That was a fantastic experience and made many freinds - but going with family definitly limits opportunities.

brgds/ D

Archived