Hanoi

SiLeakHunt

Got a visa run planned for the next couple of weeks and I'm looking at Hanoi.

Anyone any recommendations, nightlife not that important because I've shagged myself daft for 6 weeks, also anyone recco any hotels in the Nana Tai Mansion/Dynasty range ?

Cheers

SLH,

I've stayed at the Pacific Hotel near the Hanoi Train Station for $20 a night. It included an excellent buffet breakfast and free internet. I would stay there again if I went back to Hanoi, but I liked South Vietnam better than Hanoi, so I do not plan to return to Hanoi.

Thang Long Hotel. Hanoi

An old small 3 story walkup hotel in Hanoi.

But in the heart of city. Very nice, staff real friendly.

Sao Mai Hotel. Hanoi

16-18 Thong Phong Alley

Ton Duc Thang Street

Telephone: 2.55827

A "modern" Communist hotel. 11 floors. Price goes down for each floor going up. As originally no elevators and guests had to walk up. But an ill fitting (Japanese made) elevator had been put in. But the price structure had not changed. Beautiful looking Communist apartments nearby. Got to love the Communists. How to make new look old in a short period of time. Note: be sure to order breakfast ahead of time. Hotel has nice restaurant, just no food. Food has to be ordered a day in advance.

Hotel Pullman Metrople. Hanoi

(84.4) 266.919

(84.4) 266.920 Fax

15 Ngo Quyen Street

This one is a first class hotel. A 5 star in my opinion.

New and modern. All the amenities. Nice bar.

Granted, my information is a bit dated.

Hanoi reminds me more of Phnom Penh than Saigon.

My first impression of Hanoi is that nothing had changed since the last day the French left. Looked a lot like a real run down Paris. But beautiful as is Phnom Penh. Even the airport was an old French Air Force base.

There are only a few Communist countries left. Everyone should see Communism at least once.

Archived