I love honesty in advertising

Nam Phong Suksa School

Khon Kaen

Email Address: davetairi@hotmail.com

Nam Phong Suksa is a Government school located in the heart of Isaan about 35 km north-east of Khon Kaen. Our school has 2,000 students. The best way to get to our school is to head north to Udon Thani from Khon Kaen and stop about 35 km directly opposite Nam Phong hospital. From there walk across the over bridge and catch a samlor to our school which is a further 9 km south-east. If you're coming by car, go to the hospital and ask for directions to our school or someone can meet you there to guide you in.

We're after a native English teacher (US, UK, AUS, CAN, NZ) to teach to our matayom level students. Qualifications we desire are a Degree, TEFL and some teaching experience in any field. The contract is from 17 May 2006 - 31 March 2007. The salary we offer is 25K. There may be a little room to maneuver here for a slight increase however we can discuss that at the interview.

Teaching hours will not exceed 24 per week. Realistically you will teach on average about 17 hours per week taking into account the many activities our kids get involved in. Class sizes range from 40 to 56 students.

Our school provides free accommodation on the school grounds which has the basics like bed, wardrobe, table, chair, fan, some eating utensils and western toilet or you can choose to live and commute from Khon Kaen everyday however the costs will be your responsibility. A few of our teachers do exactly that. Khon Kaen has everything you would need and decent semi-furnished accommodation costs, including power and laundry shouldn't set you back more than 4 K. We provide the necessary paper work for your work permit, visa and social security which is a form of health insurance.

We're basically after someone who will see out the contract, has a decent enough approach to teaching conversation and is able to cope with bewildering school policies, finding things out after the fact, hot classes and most of all is able to get along with the other farang (namely me). I get on with all sorts, so don't worry about it. That aside the majority of our classes are a pleasure to teach. There is the odd one where you're kept on your toes.

I'd appreciate genuine enquiries only, who will front please. I've had a few who seemed to just want to test the water and I've also had a few no shows in the past. If you're able to show we are looking at the week of 20 - 24 March for interviews however we can arrange a time outside of this period that suits us all.

If you're interested please send me your CV. Personal details, education and work background with a couple of referees type thing please.

Cheers Dave

<<and is able to cope with bewildering school policies, finding things out after the fact, hot classes and most of all is able to get along with the other farang (namely me). I get on with all sorts, so don't worry about it. >>

Brialliant! If your reading this come past Gullivers ffor a beer!

DOG

Archived