Anyone in (or going to) S'Pore right now?

Encore

I am considering adding yet another camera body to my collection, and would like to ask members going to Singapore, or in S'pore already if someone could please check out the price (Duty free at Changi, or in town) of a Canon 5D body only.

I tried to find a link via google, but didn't succeed.

With cheap flights, it may be cheaper for me to fly there from BKK and back, rather then buying it here. The price I saw in BKK (retail) was 135K baht.

Ouch, just imagine how many ST's that would make

To add another price point, I see you can get them in the USA for 20,000 baht cheaper than that price. You could almost fly back and forth to the USA and save money, lol. If anyone has links to Singapore or HK prices for digitial electronics & computer stuff in general, that would be great if you can post them in this thread too.

I phoned the Canon dealer in Dubai and was quoted Dirhams 14,900 which is the equivalent of Baht 164,000. That's 30,000 more than Bangkok, which really doesn't make any sense as Dubai has very low import duties and no VAT! ::

Funnily enough about 8 months ago the Thai GF of a mate of mine in Bkk had her camera stolen (Nikon SQ) and she wanted to replace it with the same one. I had the SQ as well and was planning on changing it anyway so said she could have it for a good price. When we came to discuss price it turned out that she had paid much less than me for hers in Bangkok than I had in Dubai (as had her boyfriend, who also had an SQ). ::

Neo said:

If anyone has links to Singapore or HK prices for digitial electronics & computer stuff in general, that would be great if you can post them in this thread too.

Canon HK only have EOS 350D at their online shop @ HKD6780 = THB34,000

This dealer has 5D listed on their website for HKD22,575 = THB113,000

General electronics retailers:

Fortress

Broadway (site is in chinese)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ikkrang,

A Chinese friend of mine in Penang has a camera shop. I'm in Malaysia now and will be going to Penang next week.

If you want me to call him and check the price I can tomorrow. (Flat out today!)

If you want to PM me a mobile number I can sms you at, then I'll let you know the price.

Happy to help.

Moo Noi.

Archived