Am I almost scammed? (very long post)

DWS

Aside from all the obvious points pointed out here, the clear and simple fact is..... 10 days you have been seeing her.

Even if she was being truthfull (i doubt), i still wouldnt help her out after a ten day relationship. 10 months maybe.

If you did help her, a month or two down the line she may 'hit' you for more. By this stage, you will sigh and think 'in for a penny, in for a pound. Here you go love, take another couple hundred thousand'

Duck and cover DWS.

IMO.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
himitsu said:

I think I should correct my post.

Skip the booze and do what BuffHello suggested. With condoms of course......the baby scam is quite common now.

funny you should mention that but i received this SMS from an old friend last year who had a baby in December .when i rang her up to see if it was mine i asked her is it a boy or a girl ?

she replied "i dont know " . what you mean you dont know i asked,

then the phone went dead. further enqiries have found no answers.

thalenoi said:

>>

Then she changes her mind all the time, does not sound like a stable personnality to me.

Yes, fair point there. Not that it is likely to become an issue as I assume she will disappear when I don?t front up with the money.

I was pretty sure it was a scam when I first posted, I just had a niggling doubt of ?but what if I?m wrong and she really has signed up to a deal that?s gotten out of her control?? Well all the comments I?ve had so far have laid to rest that worry.

Regarding falling in love in ten days, well no the 10 days was on top of 6 months of countless emails and a lot of phone time. Her English is very good so over the 6 months we?d been able to discuss a lot of stuff at a fairly deep level. I was already very keen on her before I got there, and then found that the chemistry was there between us as well. No, I wouldn?t say I loved her by the time I left Phuket, but I had certainly developed some strong feelings for her and it will hurt to let her go. .

As for the idea of her coming to live with me, I didn?t word that very well in my original post. We?d planned on a month initially to see how things went between us living in the real world rather than in holiday mode. What happened after that would depend on the first month.

My thanks to all of you who have given me your thoughts, comments and advice. I won?t be fronting up with the house deposit for this woman, and it?ll be interesting to see what she does next.

Cheers,

D.W.S.

DWS,

Been here 15 months and just about to go back to the UK, can't say that I have seen it all or know it all, but enough to last my life time.

Tell her, you have had a financial crisis back home and now have no money. See how it goes.

Million sinsod, that should tell you everything!

Estate agent, wouldn't trust one as far as I could throw one.

Strange as when women mention money I become impotent.

Good luck

BuffHello said:

i knew a beauty for 10 days that wanted 1 million baht for her purchase. just string her along for the shags and then scoot

Classic piece of advice.

Just think how many shags you could buy in Thailand for 200K baht?

The long tern planners are great because they are patient and will give you great shags until of course they finally find out you have no intention of sending or giving any money.

DWS said:

Regarding falling in love in ten days, well no the 10 days was on top of 6 months of countless emails and a lot of phone time. Her English is very good so over the 6 months we?d been able to discuss a lot of stuff at a fairly deep level. I was already very keen on her before I got there, and then found that the chemistry was there between us as well. No, I wouldn?t say I loved her by the time I left Phuket, but I had certainly developed some strong feelings for her and it will hurt to let her go.

I think most of us understood but many got burned by falling too fast for a TG.

It took me many months before I started trusting my gf, so worry I was/am being scammed. If she would have asked me 100k up front to buy something or start a business I would have dumped her real fast.

I have a friend who did better than you ( before he knew the internet chat) wrote some letters and exchanged photos, decided he needed to meet her, arrived 21st april, married her 23d. She a bitch I tell ya, cheating, lying all the time. He knows but can live with it, up to him.

Testoterone suffering?

We all have that :boxing:

Archived