Google vs Bush

BadaBing

"A lawyer for the Justice Department told Ware that the government would like to have a random selection of 50,000 Web addresses and 5,000 random search requests from Google, a small fraction of the millions the government originally sought."

Sure, sure...get a foot in the door. Start with 50,000 then they'll go for 100,000, then a million, a year from now when the public has lost interest they'll get access to the whole database.

yup , this one caught my attension:

"The erosion of privacy tends to happen incrementally," Berman said. "While no one intrusion may seem that big, over the course of the next decade or two, you might end up in a place as a society where you never thought you would be."

Bada :beer: Bing

lazyphil said:

i think internet/google/search engines usage has been monitored for years, its just official now, so what?

So what ? : "Although the Justice Department said it doesn't want any personal information now, the victory would likely encourage far more invasive requests in the future, said University of Connecticut law professor Paul Schiff Berman, who specializes in Internet law."

Bada :rolleyes: Bing

Guest lazyphil

<<So what ? : "Although the Justice Department said it doesn't want any personal information now, the victory would likely encourage far more invasive requests in the future, said University of Connecticut law professor Paul Schiff Berman, who specializes in Internet law.">>

......and?....I repeat, so what.... should we all be scared?.......I just dont see the big deal ::

Guest lazyphil

Frankly I worry about the NHS, schooling, allowing the police to sort out out of control violent youths, pensions, global warming, my gas bill rising 22% soon......real stuff, real concerns ::

Archived