2 am Closing in NEP??

Stickman this week reports that 2 am closing will soon be a reality. I was in two bars last night (both begin with a "P"), and in both the mama-san said, "yes, they can now open until 2 am."

I am writing this shortly after 8 a.m., so I obviously I was not out nearly that late last night. Anyone out late recently? Is this true?

Thanks for the confirmation. And what I will think be some more good news for nightowls (or confirm what they already know)...

Things are relaxed enough now so that BK Magazine included a "Best After Hours Bar" category in its "Reader's Award Choice 2006" listings. If it is published in a free magazine that populates every Starbucks, Mango Tango and Au Bon Pain in town, it must be safe to post here - Sin Bar on Sukhumvit Soi 11. I hope this trend continues.

I thought he went to New Zealand?

The danger is that Thaksin plays the new social order card in some dramatic fashion as part of a desperate effort to win back support from social conservatives.

Gadfly;

One of the articles in the news section said that he has come back, and has joined the opposition groups calling for Thaksin's resignation. My fear is that he may be part of any gov't that takes over from Thaksin.

My comments had nothing to do with what I think Thaksin will do. I was pointing out to Gadfly that Khun Purachai has reportedly joined the opposition groups calling for Thaksin to resign. I think it is quite possible that he will be part of any new gov't that is formed.

I was pointing out to Gadfly that Khun Purachai has reportedly joined the opposition groups calling for Thaksin to resign. I think it is quite possible that he will be part of any new gov't that is formed.
That is a danger.

I have given up trying to figure out how all of this will end. I am surprised every day. But right now, the nightlife scene seems to be more relaxed than it has been for the last several years.

It does seem as though Thailand will adopt sensible policies when the economics require them. Take a look at Phuket. Who knows.

Archived