When do the girls start paying for your lunch?

often my girl would give her wallet to keep in my pocket as her incredibly short skirt or tight shorts had no pockets.

many times when 'check bin' time came round she would say "pay with my money".

i know ultimately it was my money,but i appreciated the act.

another instance was going into my regular bar and the owner said i had a good one.

he told me i had been very drunk the previous night and when i had gone to pay,i had had no money and all he was going to do was collect from me later.

but my girl insisted on paying the bill.

when i asked her about it,she told me "no problem,only 800 baht" and she would not accept me reimbursing her.

quote:

Originally posted by worldwalker:

Maybe they were a not a BG/farang pair?

I cannot see how her being BG or not would have anything to do with it. If girls lose face, when their boyfriend (real or renting) does not seem to take care of her in public situations, this would be an issue also in that case. Maybe even more than with BG and customers, because I'm sure that Thais know that their customers are total jerks how don't know how to behave; the expectations for a real boyfriend should be a bit higher.

Wagner

[ February 15, 2002: Message edited by: Wagner Svinja ]

quote:

Originally posted by JGA:

Just out of curiosity, do you tend to barfine go-go girls or beer-bar girls?

I suspect that I end up more often with a go-go girl - I like pretty girls too much. OTOH, most of them make it clear in advance that it is going to be a ST so I have no time to notice whether they seem to be enjoying themselves or not. For the rest (whether from go-go or bar) it is totally hit and miss, if they stay LT. None of them seem to be enjoying themselves, i.e. are smiling or laughing. Some of them still want to do LT repeatedly (even go-go girls),

but looking at them being miserable eventually makes me so depressed that I drop them despite their other desireable qualities.

Wagner

It some times happens that girls i go out with. pay the bill when we eat. most times it is girls you know a little better and the reason in most cases i think is that they want to have the feeling of a normal relationen (even if it not) it is rather common in a steady thai relationship that the girl pays for the food and the man pays for other things

quote:

Originally posted by Wagner Svinja:

I cannot see how her being BG or not would have anything to do with it. If girls lose face, when their boyfriend (real or renting) does not seem to take care of her in public situations, this would be an issue also in that case.

Actually I was more suggesting that they might not even be gf/bf. I've had women pay for my lunch a few times, but they were not my girlfriend. They were a host in different situations and it's not uncommon for a host to pay for the meal.

Me personally I wouldnt feel right making the girl pay for me; like some of the other posters said, the price of a meal in some these restraunts is a lot of money to these thai girls. They show me a good time, and I like to return the favor.

i don't mind them paying occassionly,after all it's probably my money in the end.

if they offer and are comfortable about then they might feel a little put down by a refusal.

my girl often buys me presents on the way to work and gives them to me when i arrive at the bar,no-one holds a gun to her head,her choice.

but after buying food for us she always begs for 5 baht to go to the toilet in soi eric.

she has never used her own money in this instance,always mine.

Archived