gift for gf's Isaan Mom..????

KhunJack

quote:

Originally posted by farangbaa:

cent

if this woman's daughter wasn't a prostitute she'd have nothing to do with the snared farang. he can't see the trap yet and doesn't even want to think about it. odds on he loses his shirt, sooner or later. of course it's up to him.

Farangbaa,

I know a couple of guys personally who have married non-BG's. They seem to have been accepted into the girl's families, are quite happy, like their in-laws, and don't feel they are being ripped off. I guess it's just life. It's a gamble for the most part. Some win, some lose, some break even. Some try to get the best odds before placing their bet. Some quit gambling. Or never start.

I agree with you though. It is best to be cautious, and hope you're not playing with a three card Monte hustler, whether a working girl or a "good" girl. Thai or farang.

And yeah, some, not all, Thais can be a very prejudiced lot sometimes. Even, and maybe especially, where farangs are concerned. But like I said, I know two examples that run contrary to what you state, so far. And as always, yeah baa, only time will tell.

"odds on he'll lose his shirt"....You're probably right, at least on the odds. Personally I hope he hits the jackpot.

From what I gather from the cautionary tone of your post.....you bet against the odds before, and lost?

Just curious.

Cent

thanks guys for the response ... I made up my mind...the foodland prepared gift baskets will it be (and it will be not a gig one).

I still remember my friend in the states who is married to a korean lady said to me.... bring all the time a little present when you visit somebodies house...especially the first time and when they are Asians.

More as an appreciation or sign of respect .it shouldn't be expensive otherwise I would enter/start a total different ball game.

quote:

Originally posted by Dundee:

1 or 2 bottles of Mekong (or naam lao) would do the job.

When I think U may be right frown.gif" border="0

Cash and gold seem to be the favorite though.Gold mostly because it can be sold back at the same price it was bought

There are LOAD of gift baskets up from 700 TB

My grand mom always said me,bring a little gift when you visit the oldest not that they want but to show the respect.

Gold mostly because it can be sold back at the same price it was bought[/QB]

No, they usually lose about 1/3 when they hock the gold.

[ March 06, 2002: Message edited by: BigBird2001 ]

quote:

Originally posted by oo7:

There are LOAD of gift baskets up from 700 TB

My grand mom always said me,bring a little gift when you visit the oldest not that they want but to show the respect.

Exactly as I have seen in Thailand with my wife and family, and here in the US wih my own friends and family. We farangs have a saying, "It's not the gift, it's the thought that counts." Meaning the gift doesn't have to be expensive. It's the thought behind it, and the fact you've thought of the person you've bought it for, that truly counts in their heart.

Cent

quote:

Originally posted by BigBird2001:

No, they usually lose about 1/3 when they hock the gold.

]

Where did U get Ur info??

Prices of a bath of gold are clearly written on gold shops doors in Chinatown.It's quite less than 5% difference when U sell it back.

U pay a little for the handwork when u buy gold too but it's pretty low

Archived