Living in Pattaya

JungleBunny

Hi,

I have been comming to Pattaya atleast 2 times a year since 2001. I always hate leaving this place and going back to the real world, I guess most of you feel the same. So finally I have decided to save my ass off and come over and live here for a 1 - 2 years. I normally stay in hotels like the "Flipper Lodge", which charge about 500 Baht a night, but as I want to stay for a long time I cant really afford to spend that amount of of Baht (3500 per week). I dont really want to be too far away from the action and would like a place furnished and with good air cond.

I have budgeted about 2000 baht a week, I am probably dreaming to get such a place to rent, but if you know of such a place please let me in on it.

cheers

J.B

For 500-Bt/nite you get a small 1-room studio at Flipper.

You can rent a condo studio monthly for about 4500-Bt+/mo w/AC, plus utilities and a refundable deposit. There are many new buildings and vacancies...and prices also change between low/high seasons. Your ability to bargain can also be critical.

No sense in suggesting places at this time. Stay in a hotel initially, shop and ask around when you get here. It took me a while to look around, but I found in a large 2-bd, 2-ba 11th floor condo, three years ago, and still pay just under 9k-Bt mo! YMMV

Archived