dowry they should pay me....

togaduke

what am I missing.. when I was in collage I was offered thousands! to marry a vary beautifull women, from iran..I turned her down.. I was young, and did not want to do something wrong.. but what is all this I read about chinese people paying 50,000 us to get into the states.. I think someone would be quite crazy to pay a women with no skills!!! to marrie her.. whatis she going to do for me.. thats just my take... my future wife, if any, ever, will have to bring something other then sex... to the table...is this just me or what.. crazy.gif" border="0

Dowry's were prevalent in the US too at one time. So its really not a strange concept. Its cultural with the Thais. I'm no expert on it, others on this board are far more knowledgeable about it but its my understanding you should expect to pay (sin sot--sp.)it and if you're not willing to then the marriage may not get done. You can bargain it down also.

If you're blindly in love, you'll pay something. I agree with the wife offering more than sex.

The father of the bride being expected to pay for the wedding in the US, although not a dowry, could also be seen as archaic also. Although nowadays the couple themselves seem to foot the bill and its pretty much the very rich who can afford it still pay for their daughter's wedding.

As they say in the musical Fiddler On The Roof: 'Tradition!'.

You're gonna be expected to pay sin sot (sp.)

Originally posted by oo7:

"My parents said .. If there is an unlucky man propose me to marry him,they will give him money bless him luck ,they said I'm too difficult to live with."

At least your husband will get in-laws with a good sense of humour. What's the rate, by the way?? I'm considering buying that condo at the moment ... wink.gif" border="0

Originally posted by oo7:

"if the condo that you are considering is in suvumvit1-55 I'm afried that I have to stay single for years."

You're lucky - it's in Rama 3. Tell your parents 500,000 will do! wink.gif" border="0

My parents said .. If there is an unlucky man propose me to marry him,they will give him money bless him luck ,they said I'm too difficult to live with.lol

Archived