Recommended Macintosh Repair Technician?

rickfarang

Hi the folks out at Yanawa are the official Mac repair center in Thailand. In the past they've replaced the top case on my Tibook, the logic board and the screen and they've done it all on the spot whilst I waited at Tesco Lotus. The trick would be to get the drive cheap from somewhere else first. Just go and get a 60 or large GB Hitatchi 2.5 inch drive (These are made in Thailand). But honestly if you have a Titanium which I think you do it's a no brainer to swap out it's hard drive. Apple even posts guides that you can follow to do this.

But if you don't want to do it yourself take it to Mac Center Thailand (not Panthip) they will swap it out for you for a small fee but it's not going to be outrageous.

But honestly it's very simple to swap a Tibooks drive out. I've done mine several times. You just need a TORX-8 driver undo the back and it's just a matter of taking of a connector and removing the drive.

PM me your email address and I can send you a guide.

Meanwhile read this

http://www.xlr8yourmac.com/powerbook_g4/PB_G4_HD_upgrade/pb_g4_hd_upgrade.html

I think that you are correct.

Now that I think about it, I do not think that there will be any jumpers to set on a 2.5-inch drive.

Piece of cake, really.

I am trying to remember where the place is....I am pretty sure that it is one floor up from the True store, which is right by the escalator.

There are actually three Apple Authorized joints in Fortune. The actual Apple Store itself, which I do not recommend for this, a place over on the side by the grocery store, and this small place, which features iPods. It is pretty close to the escalator.

The guy who owns it struck me as an authentic Mac guy. I would bet that he would take care of it for you, particularly if you purchased the replacement drive from him.

Thanks, guys. You've shown me its really much easier than I had imagined. With the info here, and the documentation on the web, I think I can give it a pretty good try, and if worst comes to worst, I can always gather up the pieces in a box and take them to one of the service outfits recommended in this thread.

I really appreciate your advice. :up:

Archived