So it's goodbye then

stumpy

I said goodby to my gf (well, this one) may 31st.

She did her best to get some watering eyes. I left at 8pm and paid the room for the night, she wanted to keep the room for the night and even got a breakfast coupon from the reception.

Her last words were "money for taxi?" i did not have any change left and handed a 500 baht bill.

"You cannot get the bar out of the girl"

I was not happy

They've just learned to control their emotions and not become involved in a three day or three week relationship.What would you do in their place???

quote:

Originally posted by stump_dog:

Just said goodbye to my girl after 3 weeks of happiness.

But why do Thai girls say goodbye like they couldn't care less?

Probably because in many cases they do not really care. I mean, could you survive to get really involved, say like, 20 times a year? It would be f**king exhausting!

Cheers,

SOONGMAK

Originally posted by WorkinStiff:

"They've just learned to control their emotions and not become involved in a three day or three week relationship. What would you do in their place???"

I could not agree more. When you are with them they can make you feel like a king. However, when you go through the departure gate at the airport they are then thinking of their next customer/income stream.

This is one of the fascinations of LOS - the instant relationship (boy meets girl then instant boom boom). However, the down side is the instant relationship can then become the instant non-relationship (unless you are prepared to start sending money).

Amazing Thailand!!!

Fatbastard33

PS With a recent GF she explained to me the differnce between a "boy friend" and a "customer".

"Boy friend send you money, customer does not"

Isn't it the same for us? The moment you walk through the departure gate, or get on that bus out of Pattaya, your thoughts are with someone else.

Actually this is an essential part of your self-hypnosis exercise in order to arrive "totally-devoted-and-ready-to-perform-as-if-you've-been-dry-for-one-month"-mode with your significant other. Just after touchdown back home in fact is the only time when I would be tempted to pop some Vitamin-V. laugh.gif" border="0

Seriously though, I think tearful performances at the gate are more common than the cold departures. I've seen dozens at the Pattaya bus terminal, after as much as a weekend of knowing each other. tongue.gif" border="0

I AM

The Millennium Man

I agree. I left my TG at the bus station in Pattaya after 5 'happy' days. I had given her money for her taxi back to her loom. She saw me to the door of the bus and vanished. However, when the bus was pulling out of the bus station I saw her sitting on a seat reading a magazine with no interest in what was happening around her. Maybe she was hoping to see what was arriving on the next bus from Bangkok??

The last 3 days of my stay in BKK I hooked up with a girl from Beer Garten. We grew pretty attached (in more ways than one laugh.gif" border="0 ). The last night I decided not to have her stay and sent her packing around 8PM. I had to leave for the airport at 3AM, needed time to pack and do a little work as well... phone calls to the States and such. I went down to check out at 3AM and was at the desk when someone tapped me on the shoulder - it was her. She gave me a big hug and started crying a little. I was a little taken-a-back. I didn't start crying or nothing - I just thought it was really sweet of her. She wanted to go to the airport with me but I thought that would be a little too much, why prolong it? After several long passionate kisses I told her good-bye and got into my taxi. I can still picture her smiling face as I drove off. It was really surreal... and one of the best memories of my first stay Thailand smile.gif" border="0

I was a little upset when I wrote this. I consider myself very lucky to have spent the time I did with my girl.

I certainly don't expect her to declare undying love for me I just miss her and wish I wasn't quite so far away from her now. frown.gif" border="0

Archived