Would never thought this might happen

NongSung

Sorry, this is slightly OT. NongSung, hope everything works out ok for you.

quote:

Originally posted by jingjoh:

The only way to be 100% sure of what you are getting is to go to an office like RS tower in ratchadapisek, where Viraya is, and read through the entire policy.

I dont know if they incorporated it into the main policy or just for my policy but I would suggest anyone riding a bike who wants insurance make sure you get the full coverage clause on accidents.

Have you got and address and phone number. Can you give me an idea of the cost and length of cover.

Thanx in advance.

[ August 31, 2001: Message edited by: NjoY ]

Emerald seems to be the best value cover, it was about 9500 baht, but I cannot find my paperwork. If you look up in the bangkok Post, you will find VIRAHYA advertising, ring them and ask them about BUPA, they handle Bupa aswell as vehicle insurance. That is a good start. Otherwise look up the yellow pages and ring BUPA, I just dont have their details at hand, all my paperwork got boxed when I moved apartments a month ago.

Dear NongSung -

I apologize for getting OT here as well, but I remember the thread you started on the subject of your lady's HIV status a while back.

Your posts showed compassion, understanding, love and an incredible willingness to sacrifice. With all due respect, your lady is a fool.

Best of luck in Thailand. I hope its the right decision for you at this point in time, but no way am I going to conjecture about that. That's YOUR call. Chok dii. Cheers. Chicago Dave

Hi Chicage Dave,

Thanx for your reply; yes I think she's a fool because she can't be sure about this new guy. He might put her on the street like garbage in a couple of months.

She's sick, she's on the edge of starting the HIV meds, her T4 count is low...

I was willing to sacrifice a lot for her but I can't cope with the fact she has been cheating on me. That's just not fair...

We have tried to fix our marriage but the glass is broken, the trust is gone.

So we decided to file for divorce and that's what we did last week.

But, I almost was acting foolish too, so I changed my mind and concentrated on the important things in life. Like work, social contacts and trying to get some fun back in my life. Slowly I'm succeeding, but it will

take time. So still in Belgium, I did not run away for it. Would be foolish...

Thanks for your reply,

Chok dee to you too,

NongSung

Dear NongSung -

Thanks for the quick reply! One piece of unasked-for advice - prepare yourself for the day when she comes back to you, sick, alone, and asking for forgiveness.

Just my opinion that, saying "no" to her then is not morally wrong or unworthy. You have a right to protect yourself, emotionally, financially and socially.

One of the first thing parents try to teach their children is that there are consequences to a person's actions (as there will be with the decisions she's made). Pity that the lesson has to be relearned over and over into adulthood.

A Buddhist Monk would look at this as an almost perfect example of karmic law. She is being (or will be) hurt by her actions; you will be rewarded for trying to be there for her.

I'm heading home from work now, so if you reply, I won't get a hold of you until Tuesday. Take care and stay strong!

Chicago Dave

Hard for anyone to give advice in this situation.

I do think you need to get some distance from your wife or you will be an emotional wreck. She's playing the whole field without caring who she hurts. Very sad!!!!

Dear CD,

She will be back sooner of later because now she realised she made a big mistake.

At first she moved in with him and came back to me one month ago. Our 7 years together were good and I will never let someone down so she was welcome. We tried to get back together but I could'nt. I really tried but I was unable to forget she slept with this guy.

And she felt very guilty, to me and to him; betraying me, moving in with him, coming back to me (making him crazy).

This guy told his wife about her and they are divorcing right now. He bought an apartment for my wife...Guilt, guilt guilt.

But he doesn't earn the same kind of money that I do so she feels concerned about that.

She loves him, she loves me more, but time could chance that...(she hopes)

He even f@#cked her without a condom (he wanted to commit himself to her, he told me) and now he could be infected as well.

He says 'I don't give a shit, I love her'

That's all too much of an emotional rollercoaster for me. I still love her but can't live with her anymore.

But, I have a very good friend (Thai lady, let's call her Puk) who works at the Amari airport hotel.

I know her for some time, but just as a good friend. Since this lady knows that my marriage is destroyed she's slowly making an effort to get me interested in her.

She's the secretary of the manager, well educated, 29 and still virgin.

My wife is (understandable) very jeaulous about her and takes every oppurtunity to try to talk some 'common sense' into my head. Puk is ugly, stupid and not a 'good wife'. Well, give me a definition of a good wife then...

So she came up with other (Thai) ladies in Belgium who are interested in a relationship with me.

So I thought, let's figure this out because there must be something tricky about that.

So I have dated one of these girls.

A gorgious one, 25 yo Isaan girl (divorced, let's call her Nit), almost perfect body, well absolutely 'my type'. So we went out, had dinner and afterwards she had no problem going with me to my apartment. My wife (sneaky) had left for her boyfriend. To cut a long story short, within one hour we were together in my bath tub and there's no need to explain what happened that night. I needed to be unfaithfull to my wife as well to maintain the distance between my wife and me.

It wasn't a 'one night stand' for this girl (a week later the same happened again), she really want to try to get this to work but she also told me she has no major problems when my wife returns...not as a wife perhaps, but as a friend in trouble who has no place to go...

So, that's it! My wife is looking for a kind of life insurance, she did try to find a (Thai) girl who accepts the fact that she might come back.

So now the karma part...

My (ex?)wife knows me through and through and as an ex-bg she knows all the tricks, very smart and very selfish. I know myself and I know I'm not selfish at all.

I know when the time comes that she will knock on my door; I will let her in.

I will help her, give her a place to sleep, food to eat; but I would do this to everyone in deep shit. But I know that she would try to destroy any kind of new relationship. And the only way to avoid this is to move far away from her. And eventually I'll do this. My contract expires next June and I might as well accept another contract somewhere in Europe or elsewhere.

So, I talked some common sense to her and said 'this is all a bit too much for you and me at the moment, better spend some time with your family to slow down'.

So I bought her a ticket and she's leaving for Thailand on Monday.

By the time she returns (October) all her stuff will be moved to her new boyfriend.

She knows this and accepts it.

This will give me time to think things over.

Is it really serious with Nit or should I concentrate on Puk. With Nit I will have all the things I like; fun, great sex, good English but with Puk it will be very much different. Should I go for excitement or a steady relationship in the future... I think I know the answers but it's tempting to make the wrong decisions.

And Puk, well Puk is ready to give up everything in Thailand to come over to Belgium... Nit is more or less ready to move in with me...

I know I will be the victim when I stay alone, I also know that I'll be the victim when I move on with another lady.

She will come back to me, in case of problems, or to destroy a new relationship.

I know her pretty well, and with everything I hear about her new 'friend' I know it's not gonna work. She'll be back and I have to find a way to protect myself and my life.

So any valuable input is welcome although I think I know what to do.

NongSung

quote:

Originally posted by Arai wa:

Does anyone have info on AIA's medical insurance?

Arai wa

I HAD THE WORST experience with AIA. Went out of my way to meet the rep to look at the plan. First time after I waited an hour and she brought nothing to show me. Could not even answer simple questions on price plans.

The Second time she again showed up with nothing but on piece of paper in THAI and was quite rude

After writting the head office AIG and getting no answers, I decided to go with BUPA and have been moderately happy with it.

( watch the fine print!!!)

WYD

Dear NongSung -

Sorry it took so long to get back, but I went out of town for a few days.

Its good that you know yourself well enough to predict your actions when she comes back knocking on your door. Still, its not selfish to refuse her, or, to get her some nominal help and send her to an agency that might be able to provide support.

One bit of advice I would have is something I learned from a therapist here - don't start a new relationship until your old one has had enough time to truly end. You will never be able to be certain of your motivations and feelings about a new girl until you've put your ex behind you. And, even though you realize its over, I would suggest waiting on a new relationship until you've healed from the old one, or at least have the scars fade a little.

That doesn't mean you can't have sanuk. Just don't get involved for a while. Easier said than done, I know, but it will make a difference down the road. One last piece - try dating a non-Thai girl. I love Asian girls more than any other and understand the attraction, but try building a bridge to the individual, rather than to the race. That make any sense? Basically, it will clean out any lingering doubt about caring for a new girl that is somehow tied (culturally, racially) to your ex. Just a thought and I apologize for playing therapist. Take care, write any time and good luck. Chicago Dave

[ September 04, 2001: Message edited by: chicago dave ]

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

Just out of curiosity I have put an add on Matematcher (picture & bio) and received many replies on that.

But one of them is a bit odd, although I give her the benefit of the doubt, I still have this gut feeling that someone is fooling around with me. Could be honest, could be a scam?

Anyway, I?m not taking this too seriously; I?ll just see what happens and I just want to let you know what?s going on?

I have changed her name into XXX?

Any similar experiences welcome..

NongSung

Hi

XXX has sent you a Matematcher message

I read your details, it look very interest. so, I want to know you in more. Can you fine special lady already? Are you single? if you interest in me. can mail to me at XXX@hotmail.com

Sawasdee

XXX

Hi XXX,

Thank you for your mail and no, I have not yet found that special lady...I'm in the middle of a divorce, so by the end of the year I 'lll be single...

Can you send me your picture?

I'll wait for that,

chok dee,

NongSung

Hi NongSung,

Very fast for response, Thanks. if you divoce finished..what is your plan? You can not find nice lady in now? I can come to see you? if you never mind.

I send my photo to you later. it is O.K.

Love

XXX.

Very fast for response, Thanks. if you divoce finished..what is your plan? You can not find nice lady in now? I can stay with you? if you never mind.

I send my photo to you later. it is O.K.

Love

XXX.

Hi XXX,

Fast response because I'm online all day...

And about the divorce...my wife (Thai) has left my house already so I'm more or less free now.

Officially I will be divorced by the end of the year, but it will take some time.

You asked me to stay with me? Well, send your picture first I would say, and tell a little bit

more about yourself...

When I have that, I will do the same okay?

Hope to hear from you soon,

Chok dee

NongSung

Hi NongSung,

Thanks interest in me. You mean if I present myself. You will O.K. I can come to stay with you? Why you must to divorce? Can ask? She or he not good?

O.K. me is XXX YYY, I?m 35 years and work in Airline customer service and I married and divorce 1 years ago.

I have small children (5 years) now, he stay with his father. (I never take care).

I want transfer to your home. I want to make love with you. If you want same I will come immediatlely if you want now.

You have lady in Thailand? if have She is O.K with you?

I send photo tomorrow, scan wait.

Love

XXX.

Archived