Meeting My ICQ Honey...is it for real ????

Originally posted by coss:

"A butterfly flits from flower to flower, in a somewhat playful manner.

A helicopter is much more heavy duty and purposeful and often discharges a team of hard action "swimmers" at every stop...

Helicopter is analogous to butterfly in the BG context, just more obvious and blatant."

A bar girl told me the next two levels after butterfly and helicopter are:

Thai Airways, and then

Skylab.

So if your GF talks about you "being like Skylab" hide the knives.

Fatbastard33

Originally posted by db_sez_aloha:

"Skylab [parts of it anyway] crashed into Australia in 1979, before half the bargirls were even born. Talk about the persistence of culture!

Does this point out the need for a change in terminology? The current space station is nicknamed "Alpha" -- maybe we should try to get the new name into common usage..."

I have heard several ladies refer to Skylab over the last couple of years. Next time I see them I wil try to re-educate them smile.gif" border="0

Fatbastard33

My understanding of these terms used by BGs is:

Butterfly. Flits from flower to flower. eg not loyal to any one girl.

Helicopter. Basically up and down like a yo yo as he moves from one flower to the next.

Airport. Has them comong and going every two minutes.

Have not hear skylab. But most of the BGs I have met use the other three regularly.

Sid.

Very interesting info on this topic. Sounds like meeting someone "ICQ" before my trip in September would be nice, taking everything at face value for sure. I tried the website www.sanook.com but only got it in Thai. Is there a Englist version that I cant find on the site?

LeoTex

CGHOLLAND,

IMHO, I wouldn't be surprised if your ICQ girl was just liberal...not a freelancer. There are a number of middle class Thai girls who use ICQ and who seem to fall for a polite and funny farang much quicker than their western counterparts. They seem to be very very trusting too, and maybe willing to take a chance on finding a rare good "farang boyfriend" like yourself. So...take it as it comes, she may have had a bf or 3 before you, but that's not to say it was at all money-related. Speak to her about your thoughts on that (not implying that she's like that of course!), so that way she'll know what type of a guy you are. If she thinks you're bf material, I'm sure no bill would ever be thought of let alone presented.

Archived