Black out in Soi Cowboy

Flashermac

A neighbour told me Sheba's and the Dollhouse got zapped this time. Even closed the bars and told the BGs they could leave -- which meant they were out freelancing on the soi!

Of course, if you've taken a good look at Thai wiring ... it's a wonder the whole city hasn't burned down by now.

Last night (Friday) the electricity was out on the Bacarra side from Bacarra to a few bars past Dollhouse for awhile. The electricity came back on and I got to experience what a go go without airconditioning feels like (I guess it takes awhile for the aircon to cool a place down after the electricity comes back on.)

If you think BGs are lethargic dancers in a fully airconditioned bar, imagine when they are like when it is sweltering hot. I noticed that all of the non "dancing" BGs were huddled next to the airconditioners, which had apparantly just come back on. If anyone here talks about the "good ol' days" of Bangkok...

Anyway, I wonder if it has anything to do with the construction at the corner of Sukhumvit and Asoke? I hope this isn't part of some concerted effort - a watered down Chuwit move - to rid that Soi Cowboy of bars? The real estate in that area is very valuable now.

witnessed the blackout as well, was kinda fun,

but my 2 night companion from AW dances like crazy in a fully filled disco as well, and there it is hot, but tyen again she had my legs and other parts to grind and ride on....

so I think temperature is only a minor setback when dancing... Just remember to drink enough.

Oh yeah, the little energy bundle kept on high energy twice until 5 am..... pfff I am burned out dry now...

BJ,

I also had a great night in SC without the power. Played pool upstairs in Spicy Girls with barely clothed bar girls in front of the fan. No AC but they had lights and the fan.

Lots of fun, lots of drinks, then the bar fine is another story...

Archived