Korean fun (Seoul)

Here's another one.. earlier post was tokyo, how about Seoul for sanuk/massage/etc... ideas?

Also looking for recommendations for cheap/decent/girlfriend places to stay...

Thanks all.. Newportgambler out.... smile.gif" border="0

• 2 weeks later...

Disappointed to see that this one didn't draw responses. It was one of the great party spots in the world, but prosperity messed things up. Last time there (Seoul) was 1996. The big area for foreigners is Itaewon near the U.S. Army post at Yongsan--Itaewon is listed in all the guide books so you should not have any trouble finding it. It's still an interesting place to have a look if nothing else but bring money. Ladies drinks at US$10 at least, but passably good company. Lots of young college age Korean girls (almost not certainly not in the "business") wearing mini-skirts and, in '96, bubble-toed leather boots. Got a sweet-young thing working as a hostess in a hole-in-the-wall bar to go with me a couple of times for nothing beyond the cost of her drinks. Street walkers who have been doing the same thing since Korea was cheap--no, I can't tell you their rates. Did not price the younger, working girls inside the clubs, but I'm sure it wasn't cheap. With a little looking, you can probably find some more info on the web. smile.gif" border="0

nkped,

I didn't see a PM for you, but I wanted to ask if you do any sanuking in Michigan, especially at the Korean massage places? Please send me a PM.

Thanks

(sorry to interrupt your thread, newportgambler) crazy.gif" border="0

vtombrown,

They are certainly around. Can't give you any first hand (no pun intended) information. Have nothing against law enforcement, but would not want to have one of Michigan's finest walk into the cubicle just after I had taken my pants off. I don't go sanuking in U.S. jurisdictions--no sense of adventure. On the job, I have seen a couple of the ladies who had engaged in that line of work. One, I would have fallen in love with if she hadn't been married. The other one--let's just say I'm not that desperate.

frown.gif" border="0

itaewon has a broad range of bars from very sleazy to cocktaillounge type; than the ktv scene (very wet indeed) and a lot of freelancers in hotel disco's (like jj mahoney in grand hyatt); girls in average speak much less english than in bangkok and everything is much much more expensive than LOS....

Archived