In Praise of the Unknown Nana Plaza

ptyrider

When the subject of Nana Plaza go-go bars comes up around here, Rainbow 4 and Angelwitch seem to be mentioned most frequently. A few others get a mention, like G-Spot or Erotica. Touristy places.

Names we never hear are: DC-10, Sexy Night, and Hogsbreath Saloon. No indeed!

Newbies to our forum might be pardoned for thinking these more humble establishments don?t exist. For our typical punters, they may as well not. But they do, and they?ve been around for a long time. In fact, once upon a time, Angelwitch was rather similar to these. Another one was Three Roses, but unfortunately it?s gone now. There is in fact a steady supply of regular patrons that keeps these little bars in business.

These anachronisms are what?s left of what you might term the (relatively speaking) non-touristy, local, dark ?n? sleazy, moist armpit go-gos that would have some big choppers parked outside their doors if there were any parking on the 2nd floor of Nana.

Each one is an idiosyncratic, somewhat colorful refuge from the slickness and plasticity of the typical other go-gos. Each plays listenable rock music. The DJ in Sexy Night comes up with some unique stuff that even I haven?t heard before, and I?m a rock fan from way back.

Drink prices are in some cases cheaper. One might argue that they should all be a lot cheaper, but life ain't always fair.

Now, what we?ve all been waiting to hear about: the ladies.

OK, I maintain that each of these does have a passable lady or two worth looking at and whom you?d consider barfining. The others can be, um, interesting because they have such character. You can get into some very funny conversations with them. You won?t be neglected: you will get attention and you will be appreciated. Short-time and long-time rates will be appropriately priced at the lower end of the Nana Plaza scale.

So there. You closet minority advocates of the downtrodden, the home-brewed, the warts-and-all, the underdogs, the has-beens, the juke-joints, the greasy spoons, you do have your venues at Nana Plaza. Stop in and indulge your,er,taste--while you still can.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Outstanding post and all true.

>>You won?t be neglected: you will get attention and you will be appreciated. <<

For anyone who goes to the "top tier" gogos and always has a boring time, because the girls are looking for only buddha knows what and girls neglect you or harass you for drinks, your post has answer to the problem.

:bow:

I'd agree with all but "DC-10" (A place I believe last decorated to celebrate the maiden flight of its' namesake aircraft.) A friend used to like to go there to see a particular girl. I found that whenever I was there, the "Buy dring me" and "Buy dring fren me" and "MamaSan good me, buy dring her" pressure unavoidable and unending. We finally gave up going there one night when the Mama San gave us a major ration of shit for not buying her a drink.

Mailuk.

any idea of the Name of the Bar we visited in NEP after we left the Bar where we met?.

the one with the unusual seats which we couldn't figure out what they were for?.

we soon learnt how they worked when the Girls joined us.

Sayjan:

I think its called Mandarin. Its the one on the third floor that has its own staircase to get there. The girls in that bar and especially the dek serves are funny as hell. They are not shy about asking for a LD either but this has never bothered me. Shit now you have me thinking about the place...

Hi Mailuk.

we met in Rainbow 1?.

if so we left the place and walked straight over the concourse and up 1 Flight of Stairs to the 1st Floor towards Cathouse? (but don't you Americans think of this as the 2nd Floor?) and then maybe we might have walked up another Flight os stairs.......memory starting to come back a little.

so i guess you might consider this the 3rd Floor........

AhTeckLim

yes the place with seats with holes..........ideal for a Girl to join you.

a 2 tier stage where the Girls danced..............

as Mailuk and i sat right at the stage i had to crane my neck to see my little cutie dance on the top Tier.

Archived