LaoHuLi (Frank) update from Phnom Phen

dddave

First of all, my personal thanks to all on this board who stepped up and sent donations, it sure makes me proud to be a part of this particular internet community. So far, donations of more than $800 have comeinto Eds'Pay Pal account, money desperatly needed to keep his care ongoing. To those who offerred to send money but do not have PayPal, I will give Eds' US Bank accountinfo at the end of this message,money can be transfered directly there and he can access it via ATM.

I looked in on Frank an hour ago. He is stillunconcious but some improvement from when I saw him yesterday is evident. He is breathing easier with less chest noise which is an indication that the fluid in his lungs has dissapated somewhat. His vitals have improved a bit, the Dr.'s seem more optimistic today than yesterday.

Hospital staff here provide medical treatment only, any personal care such as bathing, feeding, powdering and wiping down and bowell cleanup is eithed done by family or hired aids. Finding 24 hour coverage has been difficult but Ed has managed to cob together coverage for now.

The hospital presented us with a updated bill for $1500+ with a demand for payment or all treatment and tests would be curtailed. We gave them a payment of $300 to forstall them today and will do the same tomorrow, hopefully keeping things going.If we just goive them a large sum at once, then our negotiating power is gone--not that we have a large sum to give.

Franks brother in Vancover has been in touch and will help out as much as he can. I think the reality that this will eventually all be dumped in his lap is dawning on him.

I will stay here for at least afew more days to give Ed a chance to get caught up on his own life. He has been an amazing friend. Others here are doing what they can, with special thanks to DJ Brett Angel, and Robbie, one of the night managers at Sharky's, formally at Shanghai

Flamingos'?? After Frank put them on the map(rooms now 80% full in slow season) there gratitude amounted to a promised $20 but delivered only $15; Take that into account next time you make travel plans to P.P., the staff on the other hand have made contributions out of there own pockets.

Oh, by the way; back to Shanghai Bar: Frank used to spend a lot of time (and $$) there too, and always recommended it to guests. When the owner Paul was asked to contribute, his response was "What the fu*k for, he ain't my friend"; lets remember that one also next time you visit.

The following is Eds' US bank account info: for those that wish to, you can transfer directly into it.

Carnie Edward Arbaugh

Advantage Bank

Belpre, Ohio 45714

Routing # 04417 2282

Account # 3521 0023 06

Please send a separate E-mail to me,(oldave43@hotmail.com) detailing the date and amount of the contribution sent along with your own and board name; acknowlegemrnts will be sent to all.

Once again; thanks for the support. Sorry aboutthe typos, this keyboard really sucks.

One other thing, thanks to those who sent me PM's, the internet here is SO FARKING SLO that responding to them takes about 15 minutes each so bear with me, I'll reply when I return to Bangkok. I should be at Gullivers Friday.

dddave

I just mailed US $100.00 in Money Order form to:

Carnie Edward Arbaugh

Advantage Bank

Belpre, Ohio 45714

Routing #

Account #

I do hope the money does get to the care of LaoHuli.

Some can only give a little, some can give more.

I hope that many can give at least a little.

May God Bless this icon and legend of Thailand and Cambodia.

"...Shanghai bar: Frank used to spend a lot of time (and $$) there..."

Would it not perhaps be wiser to donate Shanghai bar chits for LHL when he comes around as it is evident that has been a higher priority than his health care?

There are a couple of internet shops about one block from the FCC facing the river. They are near that marijuna pizza joint.. They seemed okay in terms of speed compared to the other shops i used there..terrible!

Not sure it has to do with morals or practicality? Some guys live on the edge while others are thinking about what retirement benefits they are accumulating and they still lhave 15 more years of working.

Many live in the past and future while thias live here and now...

CB

Archived