Briton found suffocated in Pataya

soongmak

The MiB have cracked another dubious death in recordtime. I think the autopsy report will show as cause of death that his heart stopped beating. :up::chili:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pataya, Chon Buri A Briton was found dead Friday afternoon with a plastic bag over his head and his wrists were locked to his ankles, police said.

Pol Lt Col Omsin Sukkankha of Pataya police station said John Rabet Nicholas, a Briton, was found dead at a house in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district at 1:30 pm.

Omsin said the man left what appeared to be a suicide note.

He said police believed the man cover his head with a plastic bag before locking his wrists to his ankles with handcuffs.

His body has been sent to the Police Forensic Medicine Institute for an autopsy.

The Nation

No great loss... he was a pedo

Sunday July 17, 2005

The Observer

"Briton 'lured' Thai boys

A British man has been charged with molesting children in Thailand, using computer games to lure dozens of boys to his home, police said yesterday. Nicholas John Rabet, 56, was detained at a rented house in the resort town of Pattaya with 11 game machine consoles, snacks and plastic bags filled with the clothes of children who came to play at his place, police said. He could face a maximum jail term of five years if found guilty. "

Quote: [color:"red"]"A British man has been charged with molesting children in Thailand, using computer games to lure dozens of boys to his home, police said yesterday. Nicholas John Rabet, 56, was detained at a rented house in the resort town of Pattaya with 11 game machine consoles, snacks and plastic bags filled with the clothes of children who came to play at his place, police said."[color:"black"]

I fail to see what the crime was? If a falang treats a thai child to a meal would that be considered molesting children? There has to be more to this story then what has been reported?

When falangs commit suicide, is the writing in the suicide note matched with the writing of the victim?

Funnily enough, I read on the web today that the UN will study suspicious suicides in Turkey. Some girls are suspected of being ordered to take their own lives to cleanse their family's honour, because nowadays there are tougher laws against honour crimes. Maybe the UN should look in Pattaya, too!

BBC News

Three shots to the back of the head is considered either suicide or death by natural causes in Pattaya!

actually, more than 2 shots they may decide to investigate

Who knows if this guy was a pedo or not. But what bothers me is how some here - on the scantest of evidence - will conclude that any Farang who comes to an untimely end in Thailand must have, in some way, had it coming. Never mind the facts - it's a foregone conclusion and it isn't worth discussing.

I sometimes wonder: do we have alot of barowners on this board who think any bads news posted about Thailand is bad for their business. Or is it just occassional visitors who insist on only seeing Thailand through rose tinted glasses?

Gadfly1 said:

Who knows if this guy was a pedo or not. But what bothers me is how some here - on the scantest of evidence - will conclude that any Farang who comes to an untimely end in Thailand must have, in some way, had it coming. Never mind the facts - it's a foregone conclusion and it isn't worth discussing.

Why does that bother you? It's just a message board and people express their opinions. SOME people think SOME farang ask for trouble and SOME give good tips on how to avoid it. Seems fairly balanced to me.

And it seems to me nothing but bad news is coming out of Pattaya. You want more?

Archived