Who should we hate in the World Cup ?

OCgringo

Portugal is ranked #1 on the secret fav list!

I know too little if they have a shot, i thought the golden generations is history! I always liked their strategy, attacking attacking attacking!

It's gonna be the best World Cup ever, from what I know there are only 3 defense teams this year! There gonna be more goals then ever and it will be a great event to watch on TV. The germans are great in organising stuff. I read they have 64 cameras on each game! Woah! The first time in HDTV Woah!

Fuck, i hope it is friday soon! :(

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ChristianTroy said:

I'll never forget Czech-Holland at the euro 2004

i guess there has never been a more exciting game ever!

You must be about 10 years old or a very biased Dutch supporter because that's a shit guess! There have been plenty of more exciting games -

Liverpool-AC Milan CL Final 2005, France-W Germany WC Semi-final 1982, Brazil-Italy WC 1982, France-Brazil WC 1986, England-Argentina WC 1998. I could pick about 50 more... what about that 1966 game when North Korea went 3 up against Portugal and still lost? That must have been pretty darn exciting!

You're right about Germany being shit though. :up::D

Hey,,,,

this is about which team to HATE :) :)

well I think its a no brainer to hate the French , just because they are French ,

Then all those countries that hate the USA , because we are the USA ,

Is there anyone left .....ummmm

OC

ps.....what days is this cup thing going on ? I will be in BKK June 21-July 12 , will the Futbal holligians be causing trouble around Sukumvit ?

not biased and definately not a dutch supporter, lol!

I haven't seen a WC before 74, so I know nothing about '66 except the wembley goal :)

There have been great games before i.E. 1986 Argentina : England or 1990 Cameroon: England (not an England supporter either)

CL doesn't count!

Other than that I'd pick France - Germany in 82 but it has a bad taste since Schumacher slaughtered Battiston.

The 2004 Match was outstanding because it happnend in at a time where tactics and defense and the presure to win is more important than at the times where the only strategy was 'attack is the best defense' the dutch and the czech didn't care, both teams just wanted to win, no matter what! It also wasn't just exciting by the result, it was techically on the highest niveau!

Yep, Germany is the shit, let's see what the new attacking strategy + the germany tradition to fight everyone in the ground will do for them! The people in Germany are 100% behind their team. They are always underestimated and at the end they play at the finals. I'd not underestimate them, they have the easiest group of all, they will most likely go through the first round with 8-12 goals and gather a lot of confidence + an euphoric crowd + the media + they have the advantage to know the arenas!

I am sure neither Sweden or England is happy to play them in round two.

ChristianTroy said:

Yep, Germany is the shit, let's see what the new attacking strategy + the germany tradition to fight everyone in the ground will do for them! The people in Germany are 100% behind their team. They are always underestimated and at the end they play at the finals. I'd not underestimate them, they have the easiest group of all, they will most likely go through the first round with 8-12 goals and gather a lot of confidence + an euphoric crowd + the media + they have the advantage to know the arenas!

I am sure neither Sweden or England is happy to play them in round two.

I don't know - we seemed to do fairly well the last time we played them in Germany! :yay:

they have the advantage to know the arenas!

Did the Krauts place land mines in some of the fields?

I would think each field / pitch / whatever you want to call it would be the same size, have goals (which are the same size) at each end, etc. :)

no,no,no.

the pitches have only to conform to mimimum and maximum dimensions.

in the English Premier League Arsenal had a smaller pitch then Man Utd.

and the Mighty Cowdenbeath have the largest Pitch in the UK despite playing in a very inferior League..........

USA. I think they should be forced to play in their American football gear, since they are adamant their game is the true football.

Oh and Australia since thay also, have also adopted the American stance in naming the game and calling their national football team the 'socceroos'.

sayjann said:

no,no,no.

the pitches have only to conform to mimimum and maximum dimensions.

in the English Premier League Arsenal had a smaller pitch then Man Utd.

and the Mighty Cowdenbeath have the largest Pitch in the UK despite playing in a very inferior League..........

Actually I did not know that. I guess it's similar to hockey where some rinks are quite a bit larger than others. Quite strange.

Archived