How to get messages...on your cell phone

rookie

This may (will?) seem very basic and stupid...

Is there any way a Thai cell phone user can have his messages stored by the provider when he is out of the country?. F'instance, whenever I visit another country, for a month, I generally get a SIM card for the local phone system. Upon returning to Thailand, I re-insert my 1-2-Call SIM card and always find that that while gone I have received no calls or messages. Is there a phone setting I'm not aware of or some way around this...???

Thx...

Sorry, no experience with Thai SIMcards.

afaik the validity period of an SMS is defined by the sender, not by the addressee. In my handphone I can set the period (for SMS I send) from 1 hour to ... to 1 week to maximum, but no idea what maximum is. In case the addressees phone is of that's the period for which the SMS will wait to be sent.

Not much you can do but ask your contacts to set the period to maximum and hope you'll be back before maximum runs out.

Khun_Kong said:

Maybe try this... Get a cheap phone. Leave it in a secure location, charging, on. Only 1 month, you say?

Thanks...that's a fesible consideration. Upon returning from an out of town junket (usually up to a month in a neighboring country), I'd just like to know whose calls I missed and at least be able to let them know I was away and not ignoring them. OR, just using KKong's suggestion, I could simply have a recorded message indicating I will be away for a while...but my rotweilers are staying home....

Archived