Has anyone been to Lamai lately?????

Man at Work

Hi Guys, :wave:

looks like after 3 years I can make it (financially and Financee-wise) to LOS in Feb 07. :relieved:

Was planning to get about one week on the beach and one in BKK. :rolleyes:

I have heard, that a lot of things changed in Koh Samui - Lamai Beach. The big BarBeer complex in the middle is supposed to be gone (where did all the BGs go to??) and a new one is build at the end (which one?) of Lamai. :help:

Has anybody been there lately? What has exactly changed?

I am primarely interested in comments of guys who liked it in the past (and that will hold the response rate below 10, I guess) like I did. :up:

Thanks for the info :beer:

MaW

The beer bar complex with the muay thai ring is still there, however, Lamai night plaza or whatever it was called, next to that supermarket, is gone.

There's still plenty enough beer bars in Lamai to keep you busy for a week MAW!

MAW, good to see you are finally doing good for yourself. Was good to see you in Lamai several years ago when we stayed at the Weekender. I am going to Bkk in Oct for 6 weeks. Can hardly wait!! Have a good one and keep up the good work.

Billywan

Lamai used to be my favourite place in whole Thailand in the past but a lot has changed and I'm unsure if I want to visit that place in the future again. The beach is dirty because the river that runs in the Chaweng end of Lamai now runs straight to the sea making it chocolate couloured. Also my favorite place to hang out, the Chill out bar/bungalows near the river is now gone. That happened because the last Decembers storms "melted" the beach away.

The beer bar action is still there and alive but it has moved on the other side of the main street. The big beer bar plaza on the beach side of the main road is long gone. Never seen less tourists there than in the previous visit in December.

Full Moon bar is kind of my home base too. I have spent many nights with the girls from there but on recent trips it's just been a place where to go to see friends. The place has been totally renovated, they even have short time room now :). Same owner and the owner's wife is still controlling the bar. Same ladyboy has been there at least five years and always when go there there are girls visiting from upcountry that have been working there in the past.

Is ms O#n the crazy girl that they used to call "boom boom toon"? :)

Is ms O#n the crazy girl that they used to call "boom boom toon"?

Not as far as I remember. Although maybe her half sister would have fitted this description (how was I to know that "She sister me" actually meant in this case a blood relative :(:)) rather than just someone she sat next to on the bus down to Samuii.

By the same the ownership I guess you are refering to the lady with implants. Christ, I could have BOUGHT that bar with the amount of money I spent their............... but I would be long dead now, from an exploding liver. ::

Happy days, just a shame I cannot remember most of them ::

Thanks for the info guys! :applause::bow:

One more question: There used to be a music-place called "Roadhouse" run by a very nice dutchman (yes Limbo, there is such a thing :neener: ). Was right by the Lamai-Night-Plaza behind the supermarket. Has it been closed or did they move? And if so, where?

Thx

MaW :beer:

Archived