C*r*n*tion Week Book Club

preahko

so here I am travelling and working in the US of ameriKKKa for a few months, and let me tell you, have I got a big ole boner for that new book that just got published by Y*le *nivers*ty Pr*ss, you know, the one we're not supposed to talk about (or is that Fight Club?), which details the DARK SIDE of a certain m*n*rch of a certain SEAsian nation who shall remain nameless...

I haven't read it yet, I'm waiting for my next destination where I can get my subversive little paws on it in my friendly university library...

I recently also found out that a friend of mine, Thai fellow who was one of the leaders of the student revolts in 1973 (when the gov't first started killing student protestors), and who is now a history professor at a major US university, was one of the internal reviewers for the book...since he's a staunch anti-r*y*l*st and critic of the status quo in said certain SEAsian country, that's only gonna make it better.

that's right folks, the analytically-thinking, independent minded Thais are out there--they've just all left Thailand, heh.

anyway, I'll be posting a full review of the book on this board...NOT!!!

that is all.

preahko

it is expensive, and as of yet only in hard cover, that's why I'm waiting to avail myself of the services of my friendly university library...

I dunno, though, there are a lot of thai students at that school, could already be a waiting list (I'm not kidding)...I mean, where else could they read it?

preahko

Archived