Jarkarta Hotel

kdzales

I like Hotel Le Margot in Jalan Jaksa,

it was 100.000 lat time I stayed there. Thats been some 18 month ago and they know me, so expect it to be more expensive for you, maybe 130.000.

Don' leave money in the room when you are out. The cleaners are not trustworthy. I KNOW that.

The rooms are small, but have aircon, a big bed and very hot water all day. No fridge.

They have a very guest friendly policy, might be they ask you if you need company when you come home alone at night. Laundry is very good and fast.

Leaing Jl Jaksa at the south end there is Jl Wahid Hasim with some more upscale hotels. I remember that one quoted 170.000 (including discount) and the others more. The rooms and hotels are nicer than Le Margot.

I opted for Le Margot as it saves me the money worth some drinks, food or at least one girl. More than once I found a girl in Jl Jaksa for a short time. Coming in with three different girls over the day/night gets you smiles from the staff and if they have a good time also fresh towels.

Carlton

PS: Does anyone know a hotel at the same price/Quality somewhere around Blok M?

quote:

Originally posted by carlton68:

I like Hotel Le Margot in Jalan Jaksa,

it was 100.000 lat time I stayed there.

Leaing Jl Jaksa at the south end there is Jl Wahid Hasim with some more upscale hotels. I remember that one quoted 170.000 (including discount) and the others more. The rooms and hotels are nicer than Le Margot.

Carlton

PS: Does anyone know a hotel at the same price/Quality somewhere around Blok M?

As Carlton said, there is a good oportuninity on Wahid Hasim, at walking distance from Hard Rock, it's the Ibis Tamarind (pool,fitness,fridge..), which i guess could be discounted to 220 000 rps or maybe less.

Ambhara Hotel, close from the bars of Block M area, could have good prices (as reported by Maribayaman on JKT thread), but has no pool,and i don't know for you , but i can't imagine JKT with no pool to relax,as there's no much to do during daytime, except playing billiard or of course having horizontal exercise laugh.gif" border="0

Seriously, for my next stay i'll stick to Sheraton,five stars, close from Lokasari Plaza bars and Chinatown discos, but with a very good reputation among middle or high class chicks who won't hesitate to have a drink in the disco downstair and then visit your room laugh.gif" border="0 ( has good rates at 380 000 rps net -35$- )

But there are so many choices in JKT......

[ November 05, 2001: Message edited by: Prosal ]

Prosal,

call me cheap charlie, or in bahasa indonesia 'miskin' - stingy.

380.000 Rp, that's what I spend on hotel, booze, smoke, maybe pills, taxis and the girl altogether. ok, sometimes more when I throw some rounds for friends, but also sometimes less.

Hell, I have to work for my money and I don't travel for business, so I don't throw my money at some posh hotel that I hardly notice

On the other hand you can get some very nice hotels at reasonable prices. And the service is very good. But again I spend it on other 'service'...

Right, a pool is very nice but again, I'd hardly notice. I never spent mor than eight days in a row in Jakarta and still have some places to be visited (again). Instead of having a pool I go to Ancol with a girl or friends, good fun.

Carlton

Carlton, it's a good idea to go to Ancol for pool and staying in Jaksa , be sure i don't considere you're a 'cheap charlie' doing this, it could be even more funny than the routine pool/room of a big hotel.

For me, staying in Sheraton is a kind of investment as the girls met in trendy spots, if they get laid for free, would never go in a Jaksa room,so the 35$ are for accomodation and service laugh.gif" border="0 !! (see no offense in my reply, you know middle/high class Jakartanese girls are easygoing and go easely in bed but take care of apparence crazy.gif" border="0 )

Adik Gede,

thanks for the language advice. That's what you get with the uneducated girls who learned their english on the back. But all in all it's my fault, I should have learned Bahasa Indonesia, not just picking up some words to go around.

Prosal,

my experiences wit middle or upper class girls in Jakarta are very limited. The few I met left me the feeling they are only hot on the outside. I'll try some of the places from the other thread just to broaden my horizon.

quote:

Originally posted by carlton68:

call me cheap charlie, or in bahasa indonesia 'miskin' - stingy.

Carlton

Not to get off on a grammar or vocabulary tangent but miskin means poor.

Cheap is pelit (~peleet) or kikir (~kikeer) If someone were to call you Cheap Carley the would probably say "dasar pelit!"

Adik

Archived