save in chiang mai?

peter

quote:

Originally posted by wolf:

Hi friends

i wanna visit cm at the end of december.

i wanna visit spotlight and john´s place

First: are they worth to visit?

is it save to walk there in the evening

or better take a taxi?

thanks

wolf

Couldn't tell you about Johns place or Spotight, but Chiang Mai in general is worth a visit. It is safe to walk at night in my opinion, however it depends on where you are staying as some hotels are quite a way out of the centre. good luck

Roger

Wolf,

I have been to CM several times and have walked all over the place at all hours of the day and night without ever having cause to feel apprehensive.

Spotlight is worth a look but I have never found the girls there very friendly. There used to be a place called Cosy Corner on the other side of the canal almost directly opposite Spotlight. I don't know if it is still open but it had a good shower show in a kind of bath/shower cubicle that was suspended from the rafters - made for some interesting perspectives!

There is a place called Starxix which is worth trying once. It is near the night markets on a little soi on the other side of the canal. There is a boxing ring at the end of the soi - Starxix is on the right of the soi about halfway in. It caters mostly to Japanese and Koreans but falangs are always welcome. There is an entry fee of 200B (I think) that includes a beer. It is very dark and usually crowded. A lot of people don't like the atmosphere which can be a bit pushy. I like it for a bit of a change, and have always found the place to have the best looking girls in CM, no contest. Late in the night quite a few of the girls remove more of their clothing as they become more concerned about not having a customer - I have always enjoyed the look of naked hostesses! I had an absolute stunner try to talk me into 3000B for ST(!) one time by removing her bikini and giving me a virtual body massage on my barstool for ten minutes. I only just made it out of there with my wallet intact.

Regards,

DocM.

quote:

Originally posted by wolf:

Hi friends

i wanna visit cm at the end of december.

i wanna visit spotlight and john´s place

First: are they worth to visit?

is it save to walk there in the evening

or better take a taxi?

thanks

wolf

Hi Wolfie!

CM is very safe, based on staying there for two month in total of two month over the years. And quite wonderful IMO. But not really a place to look for much "sanuk" excitement. ST available from 250 Baht when you ask around but definitly go and visit the traditional Thai massage places (much better than BKK IMHO). And perhaps she will ask you whether you want "special massage" which is perhaps where you want to say "YES" (which by the way will generally involve a hand-job but a little more sophisticated than implied by the word HJ).

To travel all the way to CM just for "sanuk" (could somebody come up with an alternative phrase? Pleazzze ?) would be a little silly IMHO. But than again, I don't understand why people are bothered with LOS for "sanuk" in the first place. It's nothing but some weird odd "myth" IMO. At best a stepping stone, as cutely organized as it is.

Best

Spot light was closed for a few weeks for some sort of lewd conduct. My GF says it is open now (no she doesn't work there but was scouting out a bar for sale near by for a relative). Have a feeling things will be run kind of tight there for a while.

I stop at the nearby Lucky Bar when in town. Nice people, girls not pushy, and some jewels there sometimes.

Around the corner is Linda Bar. Always a lot of fun but the girls seem to be problems if you leave with then. That is what I hear from the local running club anyway.

I walk all hours of the day and night all around that city. Never a problem and have run into some interesting folks.

I get into CM Dec 26th. Can't wait. I am usually there in the hot season.

Archived