New British Pub/W.C. (in English) location

itsmedave

If you need to delete for spam purposes...okay, but I hope not cause this is one of our own.

My buddy, and Nana Plaza Forum quiz team member, Nick, has just purchased a British Pub on Sukhomvit soi 11, behind the 7-11 close to Charlie Brown's Mexican place (near Ambassador Hotel)

It is currently called Ye Olde Bell, but will soon be changed to the new name, The Pickled Liver, and has a simialr layout to the Bull's Head. I went last night, and the ambiance and menu were both really good (and much cheaper than Bull's Head)

As of today, the satellite has been installed and all the World Cup games will be shown in English. So, give it a shot and say hello to Nick (but not tonight cause we'll be at the quiz at Dubliner) He does promise to start quiz nights at his place when things get settled.

Dave

Hi dave,

Is this the same Nick who owns Robin Hood, O'Reily's (Silom) and I believe a new place on Soi 4?

I know the place you are talking about and it is almost an exact replica of the layout of the Bull's Head - except without the central partition which makes it look more spacious. The manager is (was?) a former employee at Bull's Head.

Khwai

No, this will be Nick's only bar. You describe it perfectly. The last manager was Thai (according to Nick) and didn't seem to have much idea about how to draw a crowd.

It has been spruced up a bit, and I hear about many more positive changes to come. They already have three big screen tv's and have re-done most of the seats and upgraded the lighting. There is also a pool table. (but so far, no lovely girls in Tiger dresses) Hope that changes soon, too.

I think he may have had an interest in a bar across from the billards place on soi 2 a few years back...but that is long gone.

I recommend the roast beef or roast pork dinner for 170 baht (that's what Dee and I had)

Seems like J-Sat are flaking on the card for the South African feed, so I'm not sure when that will be in. Hopefully, tomorrow. They are open right now from 3pm to 3am.

Archived