Early closure in Phnom Penh!

Thaistyx

Hello Ozbod,

I have no problem with you reposting the article somewhere else. Just please include the news agency (Agence France-Presse) that is the source of the article.

JG

Pattayman

That sounds like very good news indeed. Honestly, when this crackdown was announced my first thought was yeah, for how long? because the longer it goes on the more baksheesh will fail to find its way up the food chain...and the people loosing out ultimately will be the very people who announced the crackdown.

However, I'm not sure what you mean about a discreet fishbowl on 63 St. I can only think of two actual fishbowls (LayLay and The Navy Club) and I wouldn't call either discreet as both have large signs outside. Plenty of other brothels on 63 St but well done if you've found a new fishbowl.

Its pleasing that Martinis is reopening and it has been suggested that the Taiwanese owner is especially 'well connected'.

Don't suppose you have the skinny on Sharkys? As of last Saturday the second most popular bar in PP was still open but without Viet girls..... which is the whole point of the place if you get my drift.

cheers

Mart

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: Mart_UK ]

[ November 27, 2001: Message edited by: Mart_UK ]

Originally posted by flyonzewall:

not only you, mate...

*no, there's actually 3-4 like minded individuals on this board*

>Someone sighted our very own KM11 demonstrating in PP

*sorry, it wasn't me. i still have about 6 weeks before i can once again visit my favorite young women in all the world.*

Eagerly awaiting any new posts from him to re-assure us he did not go the way of so many opposing Hun Sen's decisions.

*i could really care less if hun 'nero' sen closes down all the bars or burns down all the slums. i don't go to phnom penh to prop up a bar, or to do social work among the poor unfortunates in economically disadvataged areas.*

*by the way, fly, i think i saw your name mentioned in one of the church lady's missives the other day. something about applications being taken from the socially concerned.*

LOL

*luck doesn't just happen, you get the luck you deserve. in some cultures it's called karma.*

k11fan,

actually, i can't claim the honor of writing that very funny pisstake on you even if i would like to, but you should read that thing again and you might find out that it was pattaya127. i just put my ROTFLMAO under it.

you definately do amuse me!

PP update for Monday/Tuesday. Back to KM11 after lunch on Monday and everything is open. Spent afternoon in #6. Went to KM11 after lunch on Tuesday. Most places open and some customers. Spent all afternoon at #5. Back to massage place in evening.

Sunday was my first time to 63rd. I actually never asked the name of the place as driver took me there. I'm sure it is one of the named spots. Right now everything is officially closed so there are no signs, street is quite dark and door is closed. Yesterday papasan was sitting outside so I easily recognized it. If you know the places you can find them or ask your driver. It's just very low key right now. I bargained for lower prices and got them as I'm now somewhat of a regular, at least for this week.

Driver says that sign at Martinis says they will open on the 29th.

Martini has ad in todays Cambodia Daily that they will reopen today as a restaurant and beergarten (still have the big screen). No disco or dance place I guess. Ad says they remodeled and closed temporarily at governemnt's request. I'll be there tonight for the free salad bar and to check out the sanuk scene.

News in Cambodia Daily says karaoke bars will never open again. It is better for the girls to be unemployed and out of this kind of work. They are now free and should go back to where they came from. Article said there were several thousand unlicensed establishments operating in Cambodia.

Originally posted by pattaya127:

Indeed,Km11. And i implore you to request a meeting with Hun Sen.

*when i'm in phnom peng, i just don't have any extra time*

Only you will be able to convince him social work is out,and whoring is in.

*i doubt that anyone could convince him of anything*

bring your portable mines...

*mines aren't funny, ever*

Martini reopened again last night (30 Nov). I attended and found there are plenty of girls in the beergarten area. I arrived about 9:30 and left with one about 10:30.

The disco was closed as I was sure it would be and the dance area has been converted to a restaurant. Tables with table cloths awere neatly arranged with no one using them.

The beergarten is about the same, still have the large movie screen. It was playing a new James Bond movie. At the back is an expanded food stall area.

Archived