Limbo, Zaad _ What was THIS?

Man at Work

Hardy641 said:

With all the comments from English posters about other nations being cheaters...

Just one comment from my side: the English are the world champions in it! No other country won the world cup ever by cheating except the British in 1966.

The whole worlds knows and admits it except the british, who claim to be 'real' sportsmen.

Go Portugal Go and send these boring whingers finally where they belong - home!!!!!!!!!

Hardy, you've gone down in my estimation so, so much... :shakehead

Fair play and "English gentleman" - even the Thais know about it.

(We deserved that 66' win anyway :D)

Hardy641 said:

Just one comment from my side: the English are the world champions in it! No other country won the world cup ever by cheating except the British in 1966.

Ahem... by the way...

1990: My memory is hazy because the game was dull but didn't Brehme dive for the penalty that let Germany win?

1986: Argentina won it. As (I think), you're American, you might not remember Maradona's "Hand of God" cheat goal that let Argentina past England in a 2-1 win. But the rest of the world does! IT'S ON FIFA'S FUCKING "FAIR PLAY" WEB SITE, FOR FUCK'S SAKE! :rotfl:

1982 Germany got through to the 2nd round (and eventually the final) by means of a disgraceful arrangement with Austria where they connived to draw to make sure both sides went through. (Later in the semi-final, the German keeper almost killed Battiston... ::) The top scorer for Italy, the eventual winners, was Paolo Rossi, only just back from a long suspension for match-fixing...

... numerous other dodgy wins before my time..

Sorry but your memory tricks you..1990 Brehme scored the penality. I agree that the penality wasn't as clear as the one committed against Augenthaler a few minutes before though. That was 100% a penality, not given by the Mexican referee.

Match fixing in 1982? Stupid schedule, what can you expect, if the result of the games is already known. Only the FIFA to blame.

Maradona's famous handof god goal in 1986 was also real referee blunder; though teh Argentinians never claimed to have invented the fair play.

Fair play would have been if Hurst would have told the referee 1966 that the ball didn't pass the line, but the English aren't any better.

One more comment to Fair Play and England.

1996 after the semi final defeat in Wembley, we had to stay on for 60 min and I have been clearly ordered to take off my Germany shirt for my own safety. Hapened only in England, no where else!! :(

English Fans practising Fair Play you find as often as virgins in a bar. :neener:

Ah, you're German - you hid it well.

1996 - So some over-cautious person advised you to take off your little German shirt and you took it as conclusive proof of violence? Ah, diddums. Can you tell me how many Germans were hurt in the aftermath of that defeat? We were too busy wallowing in another beloved glorious defeat to do that. We didn't even hurt your POWs in 1944, let alone football supporters in 1996 - that's how fair we are, you ungrateful sod! :D

1966 - Hurst thought it went over the line. Why wouldn't he? It still isn't clear, 40 years later! Anyway, we scored a 4th - let it go!

Archived