Full Physical

Kite_Flyer

Has anyone had any experience with the full physical examination services offered by some of the hospitals in Bangkok? Whilst I don't particularly want to know what's wrong with me I'm at that point in life where a thorough checkup would probably be a good thing.

Regards,

KF

Hi kite,

I had two at Samitivej, Suk Soi 49 and one at Bumrungrad. GF had one at Bangkok General. All good with full written report. They offer different packages of content according to price. Takes a few hours and at Samitivej you get a "free" breakfast at the end because you have to turn up in the morning having fasted for 12 hours. Also at Samitivej, I had a very cute girl examining my internal organs with ultrasound. :devil:

I got a clean report in all cases, apart from high cholesterol.

Khwai

Hi I get one every year or two at Bumrunggrad-I belive they offer two levels -The last time it was 12k Baht and yes many of the girls/nurses a were adorable. In fact they stood in front of me and one said to the other as she eyed me in my underwear..."hoon dee mahk" :)

I gave her a wink which made her blush after she realized I speak Thai... ::

Excellent program and very thorough.

I, too, recently had the pleasure of such a physical at Samitivej. Their service levels are quite high and leave you with a lasting sense of admiration. At the time I did mine they had a special running on three courses. Each catered to varying levels of concern per cost.

The place to research the offerings, compare costs, and book it is through their Wellness Center. Make sure you check the Health Promotions link on the left, too.

LOL- Perhaps today, but it is not always so. They frequently update that site. Don't give up on it so quickly. The promotions link may serve you well if you are soon to purchase a physical.

When it was my turn to shop for a physical [early Sept. 05] I was presented three options from the main page- each had every procedure listed and each course had a separate price displayed. Similar to the Wellness 1,2 and 3 links now found under the promotions link. Perhaps they are late in posting the 'attachments' to these links.

The weekend day I ran the gauntlet through the center it was jammed with like minded Thais and all appeared pleased by the efficiency and dedication of the staff. The final consultation and review of results with a staff physician was unhurried and most informative.

Archived