Family things to do in Phuket

limbo

Will be there in July with our 1 and 4 year old little ones.

Any good suggestions for things to do?

Heard about Dino Park in Kata and the Phuket Zoo.

Not too sure about Fantasea, since that's nite entertainment (meaning it starts late!).

fantasea is pretty good, the buffett dinner is more of a hassell than its worth.

phuket zoo is kind of pityfull ( my youngest asked why the anamals had to "go jail")

some of the better day boat trips are fun. ( don't try to go on the cheep for this, quality varies a lot)

Is the yellow submarine running agin. still on our plans if so ( some day)

see if you can find this "reporter" for some ideas, should be a good teens expat viewpoint

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8677088666253080355&q=phuket

Guest lazyphil

fantasea is well worth it but as said already the buffet is best avoid, full of pushy rude chinese and taiwan tourists, totally obnoxious they were....phuket zoo is a bit grim, a drive to promtep cape for the sunset is a nice outing.

limbo said:

Pasathai,

What's the yellow submarine and what kinda boat trips do they have, besides dive/snorkel trips?

limbo:

I just did a quick look on google for it, but no real luck. it was there ( on tour brochiers) about 15 months ago. maybe it is seasonal ( or sank,) :)

looked pretty cool to me.

search a bit more, maybe you will have better luck than I.

I strongly suggest to go with better tours though, we ( my kids did anyway) went on one of the low budget tours and spent most of the time with the same rude ( non thais) asians you find at the fantasea buffett.

( and the youngest ones spent time barfing from the boat ride)

also, no life vests, crappy food, got dropped off at a beach with fowl water, and so on.

The NP Khao Phra Taew with the waterfall is pretty nice.

Your kids can enjoy themselves in the pool below the fall and you and the missus can have a decent meal at the restaurants at the entrance to the park.

Last chunk of rain forest left on the island.

cheers

hua nguu

• 4 weeks later...
Guest HonoluluJimmy

I use a rental car for about half my days in Phuket...

Here is a nice site with info on good places.

http://www.phuketdelight.com/

The drives are great. I have a spot reachable by 4 wheel only that I'm about 50/50 getting TG's naked and having sex in the sun!

Archived