TdF 06

limbo

Limbo,

Zaad,

Reducing it to less or 100 km per day is not gonna work. Some events are just about endurance, luck etc. With a 100 km per stage you gonna have sprints only, every time a challenge is held.

Something must be done however and that should include reviewing the current doping procedures and allowances.

It hurts, I like cycling almost more than football!

You could still include a mountain or two or hilly areas in order to prevent the sprinters only from winning.

As for more leniency and more allowances regarding the drug procedures, I doubt that's ever going to happen as it would most likely result in an outcry from lots of others sports around the globe.

Doesn't mean it hasn't got my vote though.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Limbo,

Zaad,

Reducing it to less or 100 km per day is not gonna work. Some events are just about endurance, luck etc. With a 100 km per stage you gonna have sprints only, every time a challenge is held.

Something must be done however and that should include reviewing the current doping procedures and allowances.

It hurts, I like cycling almost more than football!

You could still include a mountain or two or hilly areas in order to prevent the sprinters only from winning.

As for more leniency and more allowances regarding the drug procedures, I doubt that's ever going to happen as it would most likely result in an outcry from lots of others sports around the globe.

Doesn't mean it hasn't got my vote though.

Yeah ..what can you say...does the cycling world have ANY reputation left?

They should consider bringing the length of each course down to 100km max. otherwise there's no way the future cyclists are drug-free... could anybody blame them???

His values seem to be double of the allowed value. So, around 10. AFAIK that's not too high of a level and in my limited knowledge, a level like this can eb achieved naturally............

Other than that, it really does suck and for cycling in general it's not good. Reducing races to 100 km is not a solution IMO Zaad.

I still go for 50 Daisy. :)

Cyclists won't take risks if the distance is brought down to a more human level.

Without drugs it would take one way over 6 hours to complete a course..hell maybe even 7-8 for 3 long weeks. That's ridiculous so I don't blame them.

2 hours on a bike per day would suffice IMO.

Archived