TdF 06

limbo

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah sure, Limbo, but what can you expect with such unhuman-like distances for 3 full weeks.

I foresee little change if they fail to cut down on the kms..

Have a look at other sports..football for example..players complain when they play more than 2 games a week, and rightly so, but so should cyclists. 5-6 hours on a bicycle day in day out.. madness if you ask me!

Definately got a point there and they can't expect anyone to win the TdF or other big rounds on a steak alone.

They need to review the doping list as well, since what they achieved is not cutting down on (ab)use just finding other ways around it or in recent history, going back to more dangerous ways of doping, the so called blood doping.

Exactly.

That's what likely would happen to/with football players if they're required to play 5 games a week. Only 90min, so why not? :banghead:

Would STILL be no comparison to cyclists' demands, go figure.

Cut down on those kms and cyclists would likely not risk the use of dope, being caught, suspension etc.. (that's where the root lies) or at least not as many as present day IMHO.

A couple of things to understand:

1) Having tried for seven years without success to nail Armstrong, the French now have a hard-on for Landis.

2) Landis grew up as a Mennonite, with no television or dirty magazines or anything. Do you realize how much more testosterone us wankers would have under similar conditions?

Limbo,

Zaad,

Reducing it to less or 100 km per day is not gonna work. Some events are just about endurance, luck etc. With a 100 km per stage you gonna have sprints only, every time a challenge is held.

Something must be done however and that should include reviewing the current doping procedures and allowances.

It hurts, I like cycling almost more than football!

You could still include a mountain or two, hilly areas in a 50-100km circuit and prevent the sprinters from winning.

The problem as I see it is that allowances in drug procedures in the cycling world would cause an outcry in most other sports as well.

That surely ain't gonna happen, although it does have my vote :up:

Archived