TdF 06

limbo

Limbo,

Zaad,

Reducing it to less or 100 km per day is not gonna work. Some events are just about endurance, luck etc. With a 100 km per stage you gonna have sprints only, every time a challenge is held.

Something must be done however and that should include reviewing the current doping procedures and allowances.

It hurts, I like cycling almost more than football!

You could still include a mountain or two or hilly areas in order to prevent the sprinters only from winning.

As for more leniency and more allowances regarding the drug procedures, I doubt that's ever going to happen as it would most likely result in an outcry from lots of others sports around the globe.

Doesn't mean it hasn't got my vote though.

P.S. Just checking if this one goes to the bottom of the page :)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=sportsNews&storyID=2006-08-08T112931Z_01_L08853545_RTRUKOC_0_US-DOPING-LANDIS.xml&WTmodLoc=NewsHome-C3-sportsNews-2

so Landis is innocent and it's the fault of others.

all the tests done are faulty and have done him a disservice.

and Landis has said......

Speaking about international cycling federation and anti-doping agency officials, Landis added, â??There are multiple reasons why this could have happened, other than what theyâ??re saying happened. Theyâ??re saying that I added testosterone to my body in some way.

â??Iâ??m saying there are possibly hundreds of reasons why this test could be this way . . . and it appears as though there is more of an agenda here than just enforcing the rules - if you look at the big picture.â?Â

'hundreds of reasons'....

i don't see him listing these 'possible hundreds' of reasons why his Testorone levels were so high.

the only excuse i see so far is that it was down to the Whisky he drank the Night before.

i like watching the TDF but if they are cheating then ban the entire Sport.......

Archived