England wins FIFA Fair Play Award

bibblies

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe, maybe.

But here's my prediction:

At least we won't cheat and go down like a sack of spanners on every challenge! ::

Referee Valentin Ivanov said he was taken by surprise by the rough tactics of Dutch players. "You would expect some dirty tricks from the Portuguese. They are known for time-wasting or hitting from behind," he said. "But I was unpleasantly surprised by seeing such things from the Dutch. More so, they were the instigators."

C H E A T S :wave:

As a neutral who, before the World Cup started, had actually felt quite fond of the Dutch, I was dismayed to see them diving around and trying to get players sent off. They obviously didn't try time-wasting but they did most other things and, like him, from another neutral viewpoint, I thought the Dutch started it. Petulant, diving, whining, sly.

And the bad thing was - there was no need for it. Players like Robben, Van Persie, Kujt, etc, are talented enough to not need to cheat but they were diving around, especially at the end. :down:

Cut it out - they're disgracing Van Basten, Gullit, Cruyff and the rest.

(Sorry for any Dutch mispellings!)

Bibbs,

You better not give the opponent reason to cheat if you can't stop whining about it.

Don't get me wrong, as much as I hate cheating or faking an injury, if Holland play as tough as they did then maybe part of the problem lies in your own backyard.

Bouhlarouz told in an interview that Figo fucked him for the second yellow and that the Portuguese cheat as usual and probably learn how to play that way in Portugal as they never win with quality football.

I then ask myself why the fuck the elbow? Is that fair play Mr. Bouhlarouz? Figo did act as if he had a heart-attack, but he got a fucking elbow so what do you expect??? Not to mention kicking Ronaldo out of that and probably tonight's game!

So Bibbs if you play as tough as Holland you better not whine about cheats and stuff because then the problem is as much yours as ours :up:

Zaad said:

Bouhlarouz told in an interview that Figo fucked him for the second yellow and that the Portuguese cheat as usual and probably learn how to play that way in Portugal as they never win with quality football.

I then ask myself why the fuck the elbow? Is that fair play Mr. Bouhlarouz? Figo did act as if he had a heart-attack, but he got a fucking elbow so what do you expect??? Not to mention kicking Ronaldo out of that and probably tonight's game!

Yes, the foul against Ronaldo was a mean one. But in the duel agains Figo there was no elbow action. Bouhlarouz made himself big and Figo managed to run into his arm. Running into an arm is the same thing as tripping over a leg when it is not necessary. Come on! The BBC puts it like this:

"Portugal should have been reduced to nine when Figo was only booked for headbutting Van Bommel, who took his time before falling to the floor.

Soon after Figo was at it again. This time it was his turn to fake serious injury as he tangled with Boulahrouz, who was handed a second booking and dismissed.

There was more action in the referee's notebook than on the pitch.

Deco was booked for a flying foul on Johnny Heitinga and he was off soon after, shown a second yellow for refusing to hand the ball back to Holland as Ivanov continued to throw cards around like confetti.

Full report here .

Bibblies, I am sure you feel the presure right now, some hours before the England game and when the game begins there will be a lot of adrenalin rushing through your veines, what do yu think the players will feel? Now add to the presure that you feel with the awarness that your entire country puts their hope and expectations on your shoulder and the entire football world is watching! Everything else than a victory will get you bashed in the media world wide. One mistake can put your whole country in a depression! If one thinks he could get an advantage for his country by diving, delaying the game, rolling on the floor and holding his knee than it is up to this 1 individual player, it doesn't mean the entire team is doing or condoning it! It is a foul when the referee says so, it is a yellow card when the referee says so, it is a goal when the referee says so. If Rooney would be falling over his own legs in the box and the referee sents off his opponent and gives a penalty for you, NONE of your players would go to the referee and tell him it wasn't a foul!

It's part of the game

Archived