England wins FIFA Fair Play Award

bibblies

gotta love the BBC...........

saw a report today which said they won on Penalties after scoring all 5 .............. :yikes:

i may be wrong but i thought the Penalty score was 4-2..........

am i wrong?................ :dunno:

Lehmann is a real barstard............

after his saves all we will hear from Arsenal Fans is about how great he is............. :doah:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wrong thread guys :)

Lehman is great!

What was even greater, is that Kahn went to Lehman to wish him good luck! Knowing the situation between those 2 over the last 12 years and knowing Kahns emotional condition it shows what a great sportsman Oliver Kahn is. He's gonna get a medal for that! That was great!

ChristianTroy said:

Bibblies, I am sure you feel the presure right now, some hours before the England game and when the game begins there will be a lot of adrenalin rushing through your veines, what do yu think the players will feel? Now add to the presure that you feel with the awarness that your entire country puts their hope and expectations on your shoulder and the entire football world is watching! Everything else than a victory will get you bashed in the media world wide. One mistake can put your whole country in a depression! If one thinks he could get an advantage for his country by diving, delaying the game, rolling on the floor and holding his knee than it is up to this 1 individual player, it doesn't mean the entire team is doing or condoning it! It is a foul when the referee says so, it is a yellow card when the referee says so, it is a goal when the referee says so. If Rooney would be falling over his own legs in the box and the referee sents off his opponent and gives a penalty for you, NONE of your players would go to the referee and tell him it wasn't a foul!

It's part of the game

Yeah, if Rooney fell and was awarded a penalty, they* might not complain about it but that's very different from going out of your way to dive and cheat like some nations seem to do. Come back to me when you see England players surrounding the referee and making a card motion...

I couldn't believe Henry feigning a blow to the face the other day though! He's never done that before in England and has lost a lot of respect for it. :down:

It's not part of the game. It's cheating. It's going outside the rules and spirit of the game.

(*Actually, a few years ago, Robbie Fowler of Liverpool did complain to the referee that his fall in the box against Arsenal wasn't a penalty.)

Funnily enough, some of the nations I would normally accuse of cheating a lot have a player I really respect for fair play and attitude towards the game.

Germany has Beckenbauer (I wouldn't mind seeing him as FIFA president) and Bert Trautmann.

Italy has Paolo Di Canio (although, despite his many foibles, is famous in England for picking up the ball when faced with an open goal because his immediate opponent was prostrate).

Portugal has Eusebio (another guy who I'd like to see as FIFA president) - a really nice guy who always played with the ultimate fair play spirit.

Why can't the FIFA and UEFA presidents be chosen from fair-minded legends that most of us trust like Eusebio, Beckenbauer, Bobby Charlton and Pele instead of politically conniving cunts like Blatter? :dunno:

Soongmak, I liked your little story poking fun at the English (they are always welcomed) but I was deeply disappointed that you had to use a picture of an obviously mentally handicapped young boy to make your point :nono: (even though he bore a remarkable resemblance to a young DB).

soongmak said:
Zaad said:

Bouhlarouz told in an interview that Figo fucked him for the second yellow and that the Portuguese cheat as usual and probably learn how to play that way in Portugal as they never win with quality football.

I then ask myself why the fuck the elbow? Is that fair play Mr. Bouhlarouz? Figo did act as if he had a heart-attack, but he got a fucking elbow so what do you expect??? Not to mention kicking Ronaldo out of that and probably tonight's game!

Yes, the foul against Ronaldo was a mean one. But in the duel agains Figo there was no elbow action. Bouhlarouz made himself big and Figo managed to run into his arm. Running into an arm is the same thing as tripping over a leg when it is not necessary. Come on! The BBC puts it like this:

"Portugal should have been reduced to nine when Figo was only booked for headbutting Van Bommel, who took his time before falling to the floor.

Soon after Figo was at it again. This time it was his turn to fake serious injury as he tangled with Boulahrouz, who was handed a second booking and dismissed.

There was more action in the referee's notebook than on the pitch.

Deco was booked for a flying foul on Johnny Heitinga and he was off soon after, shown a second yellow for refusing to hand the ball back to Holland as Ivanov continued to throw cards around like confetti.

Full report here .

Sorry SM but faking a serious injury is BS! Did you see Figo's face? Didn't you see his swollen cheekbone? There's no evidence as clear as this one.

Whether it's Figo's own fault for running into the defender or the deliberate elbow from the Dutch is another matter. (I believe the latter but let's settle and disagree on that one) But certainly not faking injury as you or this silly report makes us believe.

Gotta be realistic please, and oh my do I wonder what this reporter has to say about Portugal when/if England lose today.

In my book faking a serious injury is when one has NO / MINOR injury but reacts as if it were multiplied by a 100!

P.S. yeah Figo should have been sent off for that headbutt but he wasn't, same for Boulahrouz. Wrong calls but shit happens. I have the feeling this reporter isn't Figo's biggest fan and wants to pick on him for other incidents :down: He's prejudiced and doesn't judge on a case by case basis.

It's like saying he deserved to be sent off for previous actions...do 2 wrongs make (or justify) 1 right? Well...under certain circumstances I'd say yes but not on a football field. (ask Blatter)

In that case blame the ref ;)

Archived