Grand President .. & cbrehospitality.com

texascity

making reservations for GP has resulted in accidental correspondance with an agency:

cbrehospitality.com

cbrehospitality.com offers a 20% discount over GP direct monthly rates.

6, 000 Thb differance.

but no online credit card procession.. requires telephonic credit card usage ..

requires credit card info be disclosed over the tele .. any online reservation incurs a "20% penality"

so far, I have declined to provide visa card info over the phone.

they do answer the phone & were able to pull up my email correspondance regarding rates & availability.

thoughts?

Sounds fishy, I would not do it...

CB ELLIS is the operator, but that is all the name you have has in common...

I have gonna to the office and got a discount, for several of there properties, on a monthly stay basis.

I would not give a credit card over the phone, to nobody.

..anybody can register any url...

seems anyform you fill out on the

http://www.grandpresident.com web site

is redirected to 2 diffewrent sites depending on the form you choose to fill out.

Asia Web Direct

or

cbrehospitality.com

same same President Park .. cbrehospitality.

why would cb richard ellis not use secure credit card clearing?

both web sites come with notices that phone calls do not go to hotel.

the phone # on the grandpresident.com site is the cbrehospitality #.

39k on line or 33k on the telephone.

the 39k includes don muang limo

5k differance .. I'll pay 5k extra for a worry free reservation.

I agree with you...

What I would do, is secure 1 night and negotiate, in person, when there...

Do not know when you plan to visit, but its low season now.

Besides, the GP, has had lots of bad raps lately, and is not gonna be booked solid, anytime soon...

CB Richard Ellis manage this property - the staff of the property are all their employees on behalf of the (normally) family that own the property. This is very common in Bangkok and infact CB Richard Ellis are probably one of the most effective property managers in Thailand and they charge the owners considerably less than Sheraton, Marriott etc but basically you are dealing with the same people.

Cheers

now I am getting email from cbreh' '.com that states the rates are same same.

NOT!

+ neither cbre sales dummie knew / conceded the 39k rate includes airport transfer.

ill informed & some what pushy staff.

the cbre lass asked for my credit card info at the beginning & end of each sentence.

+ she provided misleading / wrong info .. as did the second guy

c b richard ellis .. I listed a couple properties with them in Houston.. in '99

I canceld the listing within 30 days of meeting my 'assigned agent' .. tennants kept paying rent & property was sold in '03.

1 property faced I-10, over 500,000 cars per day, I canceled the listing after the 3 piece suited dummie boy w/ geled hair argued against a sign (his expense) readable from the 12 lane expressway.

I had leased the commercial building for 20 years & documented to him the value of a sign at that location .. he argued that 'big clients' went directly to CBRE & did not call #s on freeway signs.

tennants at that location loved the sign generated traffic.

I would call him on a cell phone I got from a prospective tennant, Houston Cellular, atracted by the sign.

cbre: prettry suits without a clue.

America or LOS, cbre same same.

I'm convinced they wanted my card # for something. ??

5 '2 way' emails always instructing me to fax my credit card info with confusing statements regarding cbrhospitality & GP web site rates being same same.

every inquery response ended with:

please fax your credit card ..

once I pointed out the 'included' from the GP site & their 'extras' .. their extras became included:

&

Please fax your credit card info.

they offered every incentive they could to get my personal info

no idea why

.. but they definately wanted my credit card info & were willing to make concession after concession to get it.

??

Ya, I would not give them a credit card that way either.

It might, be as simple as the booker getting a commission ( probably is), but for me, it could be lots more trouble than its worth to give it out.

Better to book in person, at the hotel, for a long stay.

I stayed there some time back, they swiped my credit card on checkin. Even though I was going to pay in cash or travellers checks.Then next day I tried use my credit card and was a insufficient funds. After many calls to Australia , the problem was the president had blocked off $1500! The bill would have been about $1000 at the end of my stay.

I called the shift manager a Indian chap, who virtually told me to piss off he can do what he likes. I threatened to call the police and met Manager and after paying for my accomodation they released my funds. I left and will never go back. I like Thais view on Indians , see a snake and a Indian and only have two bullets, shoot the indian twice!

so now I have a quandry.

1. GP is THE location w/ remodeled rooms & a reasonable monthly rate.

Daily I'd stay else where.

acceptable accomadations for when associating with non-BGs / non-sanuk oriented.

Lake Point has priced me out

& Jasmine has turned me off .. cash stolen out of the room safe is a major issue for me.

2. I feel that it is documented that CB Richard Ellis plays loose with agreements & credit card charges.

docthai, the sanest of expat posters, reports in an earlier post in this 'accomadation forum', a disappeared deposit after paying rent for 18 months .. paid probably close to 1,000, 000 Thb & they rip him off for a security deposit.

c b richard ellis's first biz was as a tuk tuk driver ethics consultant

SO, I will not give them my credit card info.

3. On line, after a charge has been made through their server, can they run additional charges.

example:

I agree to a charge of 39,000 Thb & click through.

can they then go back & run additional charges?

or, I have multiple charge options .. run the charge on a card & then close all activity on that card .. ??

can you imagine having this conversation outside LOS ..

"look the girls a scum bag who will rip you off if given a chance .. so sleep with your cash suppositor-ized .. & for extra security glue your cheeks shut. "

Archived