Grand President .. & cbrehospitality.com

texascity

shygye said:

Once someone has your credit card details they can charge it again and again and again.

There's a way around that. It's called a "Virtual credit card," which allows you to generate a one-time credit card with pre-set spending and time limits. For example, if a hotel asks for a number to guarantee a reservation (or if I prepay a hotel booking) with a limit that just covers the amount needed. In the case of a reservation that isn't prepaid, I put the limit at $50. I only prepay hotels where I've stayed before. I use a physical credit card when I check in at the hotel.

Read about virtual cards at:

Virtual Cards

EP

:devil:

Dunno about all this CC paranoia , in the USA , if you want to take a shit , you need a CC.

I've stayed at the GP 20+ times over the years , my preferred residence in BKK. Never had a prob with charges and I go over them like a fine toothed comb when checking out.

I have nothing bad to say about them , except when the sky's open , soi 11 , is like Moses trying to part the Red Sea..... :grinyes:

Bada :beer: Bing

There's a difference between being careful and being paranoid, especially when using a CC number abroad. I use credit cards on a daily basis, for everything from groceries to international vacations and I've never had a problem. But part of the reason for that is I take steps to make sure I don't fall victim to fraud or identity theft. A Virtual credit card is the safest way to purchase things online or to give your CC details over the phone.

EP

:devil:

In my heart (/ hard) I want to agree with you

.. se asian corporations are universally good citizens..

me, I've decided to not worry about a 'minor theft' of a few Ks Thb deposit.

I'll look at it as a few % surcharge & go on about with my sanuk

reading that a New York stock exchange corporation is playing loose with credit card charges / or demanding cash payment is interesting .. if not a valid concern.

& GP/cbre has informed me that CASH payment is required in order to get best pricing.

NYSE corporations, cbre, demanding cash is unusual.

.. a first for me.

note: previously I have found cbre to be a company of questionable truthfullness / ethics at the management level.

& I've never had these LOS concerns previously

.. or had a high rize demand cash ..kethoys in the Nana parking lot demanding cash is one thing ..

..the current posts regarding GP / cbre business practices are of of legit concern.

more than 1 reliable poster has reported 'irregularities' with deposit returns, credit card charges

& both Enron & Philip Morris are also honorable business entities that would never intentionally harm a client. ..

the reported theft from room safes is why I no longer stay at Jasmine.

re US sponsored terrifed paranoid delusions: 'duh-ba-yah' has told me I need to worry .. & pray, a lot .. goddamnit.

SE Asia, a long way from home (thank goodness for that!)

Archived