angkor wat ?

What is the price of a 3 day trip to the angkor wat temples in cambodia cost. Ill be staying in pattaya the month of april.

Also is it fairly easy to hook up with a tour group to the temples when in cambodia?

Guest lazyphil

Wow Wolf, what hotel did you use in the 80-350 dollar range.

I paid 3 dollars for a perfectly tidy clean room in a guest house, obviously in a different league

Guest lazyphil

You dont need to hook up with a tour group, guest houses will gladly have a lad take you on the back of a motorbike for a very modest price, I think I paid around 8 dollars per day-ALL DAY.

I am thrifty though!!

Yeah, unless you like being part of a crowd, forget tour groups. You can get you own guide and transportation pretty easily. Cheapest way is just to get a motodriver for the day, who often knows something about the ruins (~7$/day). High end way is go get a english speaking trained guide with A/C minivan and driver, which I think runs about $40/day all inclusive.

Accomodation is all over the place, as you probably noticed from other posters. Some very nice hotels. Cheap does not mean dirty. Unless you go during high season should be not problem to find a place.

BTW, expect it to be hot and rainy. And don't go during songgran. This is a big holiday for cambos and the place gets swamped with people. (Had a friend went during songgran last year...)

You can go by land to siam reap comfortably in a day, as the road on the cambo side is good now - or so I've heard. Or fly, not sure how much - probably ~$150rt.

Hi!

I was ther 98. I to stayed at the Freedom hotel. I think I payed 25$ but they had cheaper rooms. The room was basic but sufficient with A/C, TV etc.

I agree with those who tell you to avoid the tour groups. I hired a licensed guide for 10$/day. The bloke was so full of information about the different temples that after about an hour the system overload lamp started to blink and I stopped listening but he was well worth the money.

regards

ALHOLK

Several years ago I stayed at the Freedom Hotel. Nice--no elavator but

good to be able to do the "walk up". Reservations will get you a room on a lower floor. I enjoyed Siem Reap.Only stayed 3 nights.

Bush

[ March 07, 2002: Message edited by: bushman ]

Archived