Recommendations for Hotel in Phuket/Patong beach around 1500-2000 bahts?

t-ride

Hi guys,

I will spend 10 days in Phuket in September with the missus and as I've never been there I would like to know if there are any hotels to be recommended.

Preferably in the Patong beach area, not necessarily very close to the beach as we'll rent a motorbike, does not need to be guest friendly and in the 1500/2000 bahts/night budget.

I already selected a few ones based on reviews on the usual hotel booking websites but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Joeed

You might want to try the Summer Breeze Hotel.

http://summerbreezehotel.com/

I have stayed there twice and enjoyed it. Does not matter to you, but is guest friendly and short walk to Bangla Road. Good quiet location but near the action. There is no pool on site, but they give you a pass to a nice pool a short walk down the soi. Small hotel. No lift. Nice open air bar/restaurant on the ground floor.

Was also given a nice mention by stickman a few weeks ago.

Occasionally, skyauction.com has auctions for 7 nites at a Patong Hotel. I am staying at the Absolute Sea pearl resort on the southern end of Patong from Sept. 23-30. I got it for a $2.00 bid, but the taxes and fees were $195.00, so bid accordingly.

For the price the best place I have stayed in Patong is " Patong villa "

It is a hidden gem in the heart of the shopping, eating and partying area of Patong, has a pool , 24/7 security guard and is across the road from the ocean. is modern and kept exceptionally clean.

prices vary from 900-1600 baht and the superior rooms around the pool which I recommend are in the 1200 baht range..

check it out at www.phuket.com/patongvilla/

or Google .. Patong villa

Ok guys, thank you for the quick replies.

I gave a look at the suggestions and all are very good !

* The patong villa seems to be good value for money with a nice pool (http://www.phuket.com/patongvilla/rates.htm) 1050 bahts/night for the deluxe room, 1350 bahts/night for the bungalow and 1950 bahts/night for the suite... very interesting.

* The summerbreeze also seems very nice according to the pictures on their website and very good prices but no pool. Good price too.

* Salathai resort has very good reviews.

* Thara patong, a bit more expensive, very good reviews as well.

I think I have enough already and I will read all reviews in details tomorrow.

Thanks again guys.

Joeed

I stayed in Tropica Bungalows when I visited Patong in May. It was absolutely the best value for money I have ever seen in Thailand at 800 baht/night. It is at least double the price in high season but still worth cosidering as the location is perfect. On the beach road just around the corner of Bangla road.

http://www.tropica-bungalow.de/main.php?language=en

Patong Pearl Resortel

Only a short walk to bangla road and

approx 700 meters from beach

Stayed there many times over the years but havent been back since the tsunami. :(

Low season aprox 1000baht and guest friendly.

have recommended this place to may of my friends ...no problems

Take care

Arkutha

Archived