Where does all the money go?

bust

Then there is a very small group who truly stand out from the rest. They just seem out of place. You know when you meet them after about five minutes speaking thai with them. Usually physically more attractive, brighter educationally and intellectually, their english might be better or zero english at all, but have a completely different mindset than the average BG. Rarely do these girls stay longer than a week to a month. They find something who takes them out of the scene or realize this is a BS scene and leave within the month. It is total luck to come across these types of girls but no one will have much experience with them given their very short history of masquerading as a BG...

In all my years, i have come across about ten of these girls and they all fit a very similar profile. It's like a GTG being dropped in by helicopter in a foreign place they don't belong...

They know they don't belong, the other girls know they don't belong, and only the astute, experienced ex-pat (and OH of course) will recognize/distinguish this type of girl. Yes, this is the only time i will say these girls are different than the rest (doesn't mean they are better). The average punter remains clueless.

I think I recently met one of these. Took a girl from a Soi 33 bar (actually had a meal around Suk/Thonglor after closing time with a few). Barfine for the desired girl was spared, although I oferred, because I'd bought a shitload of drinks, I was told.

Once back in my room, she never took her clothes off, as if she figured it was her job to just "sleep". Same thing the next day, she layed on the couch and watched TV (never once hit the shower like most girls), and when I finally asked her what the fuck she wanted to do, she suggested we go to MBK so that I could buy her a phone. LOL

It seemed almost like she reckoned she was being paid by the hour to do nothing. Turned out I met her on her first night in a farang hostess bar, although she had Japanese karaoke bar experience.

Eventually, I gave her about half the going rate (I'd lightened up my attitude, finally realizing the type of girl I was with) and she readily left me.

I've been pulling girls from Soi 33 for six years, never thought they were any different from the others, until I found this one, who fit the image of something I'd begun to believe was a Soi 33 "myth", the girl that will go bowling with you, or similar, but won't have sex.

bust1,

I'm not a regular sponsor, but I have in the past and I've known lots of girls who received money. For the girls I've known, very very little if any made it back to the village. Most went on paying back debts, partying with friends, buying pointless stuff, and upgrading her phone. These girls weren't getting huge amounts, but they did get 'money from my boyfriend' and it ran through their hands like water. Girls with kids back home might buy some new clothes at the beginning of the school year, but otherwise I don't see much flow that way -- though the girls seem to think they are 'take care mama-papa' even if they don't actually give more than a few hundred or thousand baht every few months.

This talk about 'nice girls going down to Pattaya to find someone' -- do you just mean a bargirl lucky enough to hit the jackpot early on, or some other species that intentionally enters the sleaze temporarily until she spots her target, pounces and leaves Pattaya for good? Are there girls who work Pattaya on this short-term plan? I'm doubtful that it's intentional, if they do. But I don't know much about Pattaya, so...

I am probably the last person you should be asking about Pattaya.....only ever spent an hour and a half there in 12 years of visiting LOS. Hate the place. I believe from what she tells me she was of the species to get in and get out ASAP. Found a sponsor within 3 weeks. Hated every second she spent there. Now she is back home with 25k a month and helps her parents on the farm. Returning to school next year to finish her studies. Will she mary this guy, who knows although she does have that sense of indebtness to him for being the one who took her away from the bar. But I guess she is one of the lucky ones great body, great face, fun to be with , good english. She was bound to hook someone before long. Good luck to her I say. Now I have come along and complicated her stable little life. Anyway who knows what will happen.

I couldn't get her to warm up to me at all, and shagging her was completely out of the question, Topcatta.

Her terms of the "rules of engagement" and mine were totally different. I mean, how many girls ask you to buy them a phone after NOT shagging you?

Simply a rare breed of Soi 33 girl that I hadn't encountered before.

I felt lucky just to get a kiss after paying her to leave. :o

Of course, sage board members, expats and tourists alike, already know that these sort of little glitches in your holiday can easily be avoided with an ounce or two of sobriety and good judgement.

But that wouldn't be any fun, now, would it? ;)

gorgeous young Isaan girl company for her Texan sponsor. He sends her 25K a month. Out of that she usually pass about 15 of it onto her mother and other family members.

Confirms yet again:

1.) We farangs are ATM's for the girls who "work at night".

2.) In turn, THEY are ATM's for everyone else in their "downline": father and mother, brothers and sisters, neighbors in the village, the local wat, nearby hair salons, noodle carts, moto-cy taxis, vendors selling high heel shoes on the sidewalk.

Plus gold chains, the occasional new pickup truck, and sometimes a new house.

Those girls get a lot of attention and considerable respect for all the money they bring into the local economy.

Each "service fee" or sponsor payment buys a lot of rice for a lot of people in this part of the world.

bust1,

Not to be cynical, but it kind of looks like this girl may have just taken her first spin on the Pattaya merry-go-round, and will likely be back again, sooner or later. The Texan's kind of a longshot bet - and even if he does come through in the end, a marriage based on indebtedness probably won't last too long. Plus, you're around to make things more complicated... Even if she's not the type to live the Pattaya life and would want to go back to school given the chance, it will be damn hard or impossible to wean the family/village off the money she getting now, and the minute the Texan dollars dry up the hometown crowd will want her tasty ass back in Pattaya to hook another guy, or at least get some money flowing... But all the best to her, maybe it'll work out!

With regard to Pattaya, I also hated it for a number of years - I only went twice during the years I was living in Laos and Thailand, and was basically repelled by the drunken assholes I met, the complete submersion of the city in sin, and the disconnect I felt between 'real Thailand' and the place.

Now, I'm out of the region, and I have to say that when I come back I love to head to Pattaya for 100% party action during my few days in Thailand. I can do what I want, no need to look over my shoulder for Bangkok acquaintances, nightlife doesn't stop, and everyone around me is doing what I'm doing or helping me do it...

For me, I think when I was living in Thailand Pattaya looked like such a filthy, corrupt representation of the country that I avoided it - now, I'm separated from the country, when I'm there I'm a tourist looking for wild times 24 hours a day, and Pattaya fills my needs... I never would have guessed that one day - and so soon - I'd be the type to fly in for a few days in Pattaya, but now I admit it, that's me! It has its charms, that dirty city by the sea... Maybe one day'll you'll find you've fallen for them, too.

YimSiam

She asked me if I would take care of her so she can finish with texan man to which I replied that why would I give you the opportunity to do to me what you we are doing to him. She seemed confused but then nodded in agreement.

Fixed.

:yay::yay::yay: Your absolutely right

Archived