Pattaya Hotel 1000-3000 Baht

SpiceMan

trine pinewood studios

on 2nd rood oposite soi 6

INROOM internet.

laundry.

sd box at reception with double keys and envellope.

large rooms with good service

nice bathroom and so on

I paid 1k5 last time.

PTY is great for cheap good accom.

and off course VERY guest friendly.

I took two on some occasions. No problme.

Came alone and had the LT comiing a2 days later, the did not say a word about me arrive two days before to here when checking her in. (as request they cleaned the complete roomd and sheets that morning :) )

if you like it: next to alcazar ...

close to sabai land.

stone dead from soi 6 .....

BJ, wonder if you mean Pinewood Residences (vice Pinewood Studios)?

That place did look pretty good and I was thinking about trying it out. Their website doesn't show any of the rooms however and while I could get on without an in-room safe I'd worry whether they have a 2nd TV in the Bedroom (for example many 1 bedrooms in Residence Gardens I heard have no TV in the bedroom).

actually i would spend 20 bucks on top and would go to that marriott! It is just a great location, the best service in town and this whole place is like an oasis! Guest Friendly of course!

Mercure Hotel is to recommend too but not between 2nd and beach but close enough! New hotel, good pool and pretty cheap!

Sabai Lodge (Sabai Wing)

Was my regular hotel for a couple of times! They have wifi and the pool is okay!

Anyways, if you can afford it then go to the Marriott! The breakfast buffet is the hit! :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

A note on Mercure Pattaya - place is okay, very clean, new, staff were completely relaxed about me coming back at all hours with some very marginal ladies, sometimes took IDs but not always, and no question of joiner fees. Tuk tuk was available whenever needed (though I'm too lazy to wait around for it to pick me up to go back to the hotel, moto taxis better/faster choice). HOWEVER, if you've been around Thailand a while, this place will be a disappointment - the building itself is just another Thai apartment block dressed up as a hotel. The room/toilet/balcony combo is just like any Thai apartment building with cheap rooms, tile floor, thin walls you can hear through. No clock in the room (left me a little disoriented sometimes), but there was El Safe... It's a perfectly nice hotel, but stuck in a disappointing building -- it felt like I was going back to girls' rooms (though the decor was much better than any Thai girl's room I've been to - for one, no teddy bear or cartoon sheets), and I can go back to their rooms for free... Got tired of it after a couple of days and switched into Penthouse - where, yes, I met a cockroach or two, once again.

YimSiam

Archived