What will be barred as carry on with new threat ?

OCgringo

A "travel expert", a few yearss ago (after 9/11), advised to ship your ites by Fed-Ex.

At the time, this would remove the hassle of lost luggage, waiting for your luggage and having to cary it to/from the airport.

Now, this idea is looking better, but still adds $100 USD (or more) to the ost of travel.

If they completely ban; PDAs, cell phones, lap top PCs, etc, I may have to buy some Fed-Ex stock!

Security agencies do go over the top after major terrorist events, And quite unrationnally sometimes...Arrived to France short after the Madrid bombing and access to luggage storage compartments between wagons was barred... result : all the luggages were scattered across the cars between passengers... such a big mess owners were sometimes far from their suitcase and it was even scarier than before they tightened the rules.

With the latest recall of dell computer batteries ( lith ion)

I wonder how long before the "braintrust" at tsa figures out how much energy can be stored in a lith-ion battery. found in most computers ( cell phones and so on)

( by pass the saftey circutry and let it pop)

In the Serendib lounge in Colombo right now... GF freaked out minutes ago when she learned she couldn't take her brand new " La Mer" cream in handcarry on a CX flight... she's got 8 hours stopover to enjoy in TG First class lounge in BKK but she might join the anti jihadi crusade if the stuff disappears in the meantime...

No change on my flights with UL and TG though...

Kojis, time to leave...

First one of the carry on restrictions to really affect me since I never cared for dragging half my worldly belongings when someone else would do it for me. But now can't bring the toothpaste and contact lens solution with me in my carry on. Travel quite a bit and never had a checked bag lost, but have had them get to the location a flight or so after I did a few times and it was nice to have the basics for personal hygiene with me. Oh well.:dunno:

Archived