What will be barred as carry on with new threat ?

OCgringo

I was wondering what will be the result of the banning of almost everything carry on with UK flights...

What will the end result of this be after the overkill right now?

I usually carry a stuffed backpack on the plane with things I do not want ripped off or damaged by baggage workers,

Will certain items be banned forever ?

will carry-on lugguge be banned or resticted to a kilo or 2 ?

right now you cannot bring any electrical devise on the plane leaving the UK except in check-in , no phones, computers , PDAs , even car door unlock buttons, will this last ( I doubt it)

anyway what do you think ?

OC

I saw it coming on 12 Sept...no carry ons...all passengers are locked into their seats...the cabin is gassed...all passengers unconscious.

Airlines...don't need flight attendents, meals, beverages, air marshalls...ohhh...have a nice flight :mad:

Extreme, but who can say :confused:

I was stuck in London afer 911 for 4 days ,

it was a mess for most , but I got a Hotel comped for 2 nights so I was better off than others.

I was on one of the first flights out of the UK to Newark , It was weird flying into Newark andseeing the Twin towers were gone :(

I just hope there is some "sane" person at the FAA / Homeland Security that will see how crazy the current rules are in the UK are , and do not make them permanent for all USA flights,

OC

pS...I like my walkman with me to cut down the boredom....

I expect the airlines to have a major shift. Not too long ago, virtually all of the airlines reduced the maximum weight of check bags. TSA took credit for that. But airlines fly passengers and if they can reduce their weight overhead, they save money. Cutting back on the maximum weight for a checked bag has to save money. And being the way luggage is treated, I suspect others besides myself have changed to shipping back the luggage instead checking it in as a checked bag. If the airlines can get Homeland Security to become the fall guy, we might see carry on luggage become all most no luugage and check in bags be reduced to one bag and then eventually to no bags.

I also see airlines trying to get more concessions from their employees. And I wouldn't be surprised by airlines that are increasing their over seas presence to start having more of their maintenance done overseas.

The rules in place now are virtually identical to those in place immediately after 9/11

Ii would hazard a guess it will follow the same pattern. An immediate tightning of the rules followed by a gradual relaxing.

I wonder if the airlines will still stiff people for excess luggage now almost everything goes into the hold?

not too long ago, when the news media pointed out that cargo

( in the hold with checked baggage) was not checked for explosives and so on.

I shipped some electronic equipment from hawii to calif. tsa in its wisdom ( after press got on them no doubt ) seized the pallett of equipment and held it for inspection, problem it was after it was here in calif.

go figure out that one

as a side note, the equipment was picked up by bax air at mana military storage area.

Archived