question re amari soi 5

keith doug

hi i am just about to make a booking at this hotel .. 2 questions that are important to me !!! ( sorry)

1. is the pool really nice i do want someware to sit /relax without finding all the seats taken!!

2. is it girl friendly and rooms clean!!

if any one has actually stayed there comment appreciated

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just an aside, but i stayed there my first two times in Bangkok (1997;1999). The first time, I made the mistake of ordering two suits from a shop that a tut-tut driver. I wasn't impressed with them when they were delivered to the hotel and refused to accept them (mistake #2 as I thought by not accepting them, my credit card company would remove the charges; not likely). The person at the front desk of the Amari said they would keep the suits for my next visit to Amari in case I chaged my mind. Of course, when I checked in 18 months later, I asked them if they still had the suits and they said they were sorry but they did not. I wonder how long after my first visit they got rid of the suits; one day? The only other thing I had problems with while staying there was the line of taxi/tut-tuts lined up as you exited the hotel. I'm not the type of person to tell someome else to "fuck off" but they did not take 4-5 polite "no's" for an answer. I had one taxi driver on my first visit take me to 6 different establishments, from fish bowls with superstars to one of the nastiest brothels I've ever seen. I think I finally convinced him that I was gay and he drove me back to the hotel. I used the back entrance to the hotel after that. Other than that, the hotel was great.

I actually asked at reception in the Amari if it was a guest friendly hotel, she said if room booked for two, should be no problem. I took note of the word "should" and asked another girl behind the counter to see if there was a black and white answer.

No definite answers given, email the manager and or reception, maybe you'll get a clear answer, as I could not get one. Good luck.

From what I hear, one guy even got grief from security for trying to bring his teeruk up, even though he explained he booked a double.

He checked out the next day.

Don't chance it, as they are not cheap and for that kind of money you can choose many other places.

Majestic Grande springs to mind, very classy Hotel.

A mate of mine who's a big butterfly has stayed there a few times and had no problems. But he paid the corporate rate for a double room. I think most people have the problems when they are on a discounted rate or got it as part of a flight/hotel package. But as said seems to be no clear cut answer? My mate also now stays at the Majestic Grande and has been well pleased everytime with the hotel and service.

Simie.

Archived