orthopedic surgeons in Bangkok/Chaing Mai

dean

There seems to be a few complications with my broken arm. Today, I had two x-rays taken of the upper right arm/shoulder area. The broken bone is healing nicely but the x-ray also showed the shoulder is dislocated and there is ligament damage. Surgery is required with the worst case scenario being a place inserted in the shoulder. I wish that one of the three doctors who looked at the x-rays in Chaing Mai at McCormack Hospital had noticed the shoulder damage, as I would have taken care of it then. I get back to LOS on Sept. 23 or can move it up to Aug. 28. Any recommendations on an orthopedic surgeon in either Bangkok or Chaing Mai? Financial considerations mean I will have it done in LOS rather than the U.S.

I'd suggest checking out Somdej Prapinklao Hospital, in BKK. They have a number of ortho MD's there.

A few years ago I had knee surgery by one of their docs (Captain Prachan Banchasuek, MD) and was duly impressed...a Thai MD, but earned his diplomate in Sports Med at Johns Hopkins Hosp, in the States. Johns Hopkins is one of the best teaching hospitals in America.

I've been told that the operation should take place as soon as possible, to decrease the chances of limited mobility as much as possible. I changed my airline ticket form Sept. 21 to Aug. 26. I can look at a few options, like Rookies (thanks) and make a decision and get it over with by the end of the week. The only bad thing is having to go back to square one and have 2 months of re-habb in front of me. It would be nice to get more than 3 hours of sleep. I think that I know every infomercial between 12:00 and 6:00 A.M.

Archived